Report: The Rolling Stones' Tour to Resume in May
The Rolling Stones' "14 on Fire" tour, which was postponed earlier this month due to the death of frontman Mick Jagger's longtime girlfriend L'Wren Scott, will reportedly continue in a few weeks. According to NME, the tour is set to resume on May 26 at the Telenor Arena in Oslo, Norway.
The legendary British rockers will then bring the tour to other European countries including Portugal, France and Belgium. They will also take the stages at some European festivals like Pinkpop Festival in Netherlands and Roskilde Festival in Denmark.
The Rolling Stones was already in Australia when they heard of Scott's passing a couple weeks ago. They subsequently decided to postpone seven shows in the country. Jagger later released a statement in which he thanked fans for their support.
"I am still struggling to understand how my lover and best friend could end her life in this tragic way," read the statement. "I have been touched by the tributes that people have paid to her, and also the personal messages of support that I have received."
The scrapped Australian dates will reportedly be rescheduled for October. However, there's still no official word from the band.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce