Report: The Rolling Stones' Tour to Resume in May
The Rolling Stones' "14 on Fire" tour, which was postponed earlier this month due to the death of frontman Mick Jagger's longtime girlfriend L'Wren Scott, will reportedly continue in a few weeks. According to NME, the tour is set to resume on May 26 at the Telenor Arena in Oslo, Norway.
The legendary British rockers will then bring the tour to other European countries including Portugal, France and Belgium. They will also take the stages at some European festivals like Pinkpop Festival in Netherlands and Roskilde Festival in Denmark.
The Rolling Stones was already in Australia when they heard of Scott's passing a couple weeks ago. They subsequently decided to postpone seven shows in the country. Jagger later released a statement in which he thanked fans for their support.
"I am still struggling to understand how my lover and best friend could end her life in this tragic way," read the statement. "I have been touched by the tributes that people have paid to her, and also the personal messages of support that I have received."
The scrapped Australian dates will reportedly be rescheduled for October. However, there's still no official word from the band.
More The Rolling Stones News
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video
- Justin Bieber Strips Down to Underwear, Holds His Crotch in Bizarre Racy Picture
- Is Nick Jonas Dating Lily Collins? Here's the Truth
- Andy Samberg Really Is a 'Weirdo' on New Freestyle From 'Popstar'
- Ben Affleck Spotted Wearing Eyeliner During Outing With Jennifer Garner and Kids
- 'Run's House' Star Angela Simmons Expecting First Child. See Her Baby Bump
- Fox Comes Under Fire in Italy for Postponing 'Independence Day: Resurgence' Release