Kanye West Delays Australian Tour to Complete New Album
The Australian leg of Kanye West's "Yeezus" tour has been postponed. Concert organizer Live Nation announced on Monday, March 31 that the rapper decided to push back the tour so he could finish the follow-up to his latest album, 2013's "Yeezus".
"Due to unexpected timing requirements to finish his highly anticipated new studio album, scheduled for a 2014 release, Kanye West regretfully announces the postponement of his upcoming tour dates in Australia," the company said in a statement.
The Australian tour was originally slated to open on May 2 and conclude on May 11. The 7-date trek has now been rescheduled for September 5 until September 15. "All tickets for the previously announced May show dates will be honored for the new September dates without the need to exchange," Live Nation added.
Several months after putting out "Yeezus", West confirmed that a new album was already in the works. In an interview with Rolling Stone in December, he revealed that the next record would only feature "eight songs."
More Kanye West News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics