Kanye West Delays Australian Tour to Complete New Album
The Australian leg of Kanye West's "Yeezus" tour has been postponed. Concert organizer Live Nation announced on Monday, March 31 that the rapper decided to push back the tour so he could finish the follow-up to his latest album, 2013's "Yeezus".
"Due to unexpected timing requirements to finish his highly anticipated new studio album, scheduled for a 2014 release, Kanye West regretfully announces the postponement of his upcoming tour dates in Australia," the company said in a statement.
The Australian tour was originally slated to open on May 2 and conclude on May 11. The 7-date trek has now been rescheduled for September 5 until September 15. "All tickets for the previously announced May show dates will be honored for the new September dates without the need to exchange," Live Nation added.
Several months after putting out "Yeezus", West confirmed that a new album was already in the works. In an interview with Rolling Stone in December, he revealed that the next record would only feature "eight songs."
More Kanye West News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby