Kanye West Delays Australian Tour to Complete New Album
The Australian leg of Kanye West's "Yeezus" tour has been postponed. Concert organizer Live Nation announced on Monday, March 31 that the rapper decided to push back the tour so he could finish the follow-up to his latest album, 2013's "Yeezus".
"Due to unexpected timing requirements to finish his highly anticipated new studio album, scheduled for a 2014 release, Kanye West regretfully announces the postponement of his upcoming tour dates in Australia," the company said in a statement.
The Australian tour was originally slated to open on May 2 and conclude on May 11. The 7-date trek has now been rescheduled for September 5 until September 15. "All tickets for the previously announced May show dates will be honored for the new September dates without the need to exchange," Live Nation added.
Several months after putting out "Yeezus", West confirmed that a new album was already in the works. In an interview with Rolling Stone in December, he revealed that the next record would only feature "eight songs."
More Kanye West News
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular
- Cheryl Signs Up for Private Boxing Sessions in an Attempt to Get Back Into Shape After Giving Birth
- Jake Gyllenhaal Loses His Legs in Boston Marathon Bombing in Intense Trailer for 'Stronger'
- 50 Cent Has the Hots for Helen Mirren Despite 30-Year Age Gap: 'She Turns Me On'
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sparks Plastic Surgery Speculations
- Amy Poehler and Seth Meyers Revive 'SNL' 'Really?!' Segment to Mock Pro-Trump Protesters