Kanye West Delays Australian Tour to Complete New Album
The Australian leg of Kanye West's "Yeezus" tour has been postponed. Concert organizer Live Nation announced on Monday, March 31 that the rapper decided to push back the tour so he could finish the follow-up to his latest album, 2013's "Yeezus".
"Due to unexpected timing requirements to finish his highly anticipated new studio album, scheduled for a 2014 release, Kanye West regretfully announces the postponement of his upcoming tour dates in Australia," the company said in a statement.
The Australian tour was originally slated to open on May 2 and conclude on May 11. The 7-date trek has now been rescheduled for September 5 until September 15. "All tickets for the previously announced May show dates will be honored for the new September dates without the need to exchange," Live Nation added.
Several months after putting out "Yeezus", West confirmed that a new album was already in the works. In an interview with Rolling Stone in December, he revealed that the next record would only feature "eight songs."
More Kanye West News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival