Lorde Shares Photo of Blemished Skin, Says 'Flaws Are OK'
Lorde wants to encourage fans to feel confident with their looks. The Kiwi singer took to Twitter on Monday, March 31 to share two contrasting photos of her. One photo has been digitally altered so that her acne-troubled skin looks perfect, while the other part is the one without editing.
The "Royals" singer wrote, "I find this curious - two photos from today, one edited so my skin is perfect and one real. Remember flaws are OK." She ended the post with a smiley. The photos reportedly were taken from her performance at the Lollapalooza festival in Santiago, Chile on Sunday.
The Grammy-winning singer previously shared a photo of her using acne cream. A photo she uploaded on Instagram in February showed her with messy bun and bare face with some acne cream dotted on her face. "In bed in paris with my acne cream on," she captioned the photo.
Lorde's boyfriend James Lowe recently opened up for the first time about his relationship with the popular singer. Despite negative things he experienced such as cyber-bullying, the 24-year-old photographer admitted that "there is a bright, shining silver lining to this thing I've been exposed to."
"I've been able to tell tales of the many amazing people I've met along the way - from fellow photographers, to artists I've always admired and never thought I'd get to meet, let alone have a simple thing like coffee with," he explained. "More importantly, I've found a little inspiration from new faces. People I look up to. People whose work I admire so much. For all of this I have to thank the one I look up to the most. Who I admire the most. Who still fills the little voids I try to avoid."
i find this curious - two photos from today, one edited so my skin is perfect and one real. remember flaws are ok :-) pic.twitter.com/PuRhxt2u2O— Lorde (@lordemusic) March 31, 2014
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen