Lorde Shares Photo of Blemished Skin, Says 'Flaws Are OK'
Lorde wants to encourage fans to feel confident with their looks. The Kiwi singer took to Twitter on Monday, March 31 to share two contrasting photos of her. One photo has been digitally altered so that her acne-troubled skin looks perfect, while the other part is the one without editing.
The "Royals" singer wrote, "I find this curious - two photos from today, one edited so my skin is perfect and one real. Remember flaws are OK." She ended the post with a smiley. The photos reportedly were taken from her performance at the Lollapalooza festival in Santiago, Chile on Sunday.
The Grammy-winning singer previously shared a photo of her using acne cream. A photo she uploaded on Instagram in February showed her with messy bun and bare face with some acne cream dotted on her face. "In bed in paris with my acne cream on," she captioned the photo.
Lorde's boyfriend James Lowe recently opened up for the first time about his relationship with the popular singer. Despite negative things he experienced such as cyber-bullying, the 24-year-old photographer admitted that "there is a bright, shining silver lining to this thing I've been exposed to."
"I've been able to tell tales of the many amazing people I've met along the way - from fellow photographers, to artists I've always admired and never thought I'd get to meet, let alone have a simple thing like coffee with," he explained. "More importantly, I've found a little inspiration from new faces. People I look up to. People whose work I admire so much. For all of this I have to thank the one I look up to the most. Who I admire the most. Who still fills the little voids I try to avoid."
i find this curious - two photos from today, one edited so my skin is perfect and one real. remember flaws are ok :-) pic.twitter.com/PuRhxt2u2O— Lorde (@lordemusic) March 31, 2014
More Lorde News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival