Bruce Springsteen and Chris Martin Among Presenters at Rock Hall of Fame Induction
More details about the upcoming Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony have been revealed. Bruce Springsteen, Chris Martin, Michael Stipe and Tom Morello are among big names who are set to make appearances at the event that's taking place on April 10 at Brooklyn's Barclays Center.
Springsteen is slated to induct and perform with his band, The E Street Band. Martin will induct Peter Gabriel, while Stipe and Morello are honoring Nirvana and Kiss respectively. The latter band has confirmed that they'll not perform during the ceremony due to the disagreement over which members should take the stage.
Questlove of The Roots will pay tribute to Hall & Oates and Glenn Frey of the Eagles will induct his former bandleader Linda Ronstadt, who will receive a musical tribute from Stevie Nicks, Carrie Underwood, Emmylou Harris and Sheryl Crow.
Ronstadt, who was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease, said last week that she wouldn't fly to New York to attend the event due to her health condition. "It's something I never gave one thought to," the singer told L.A. Times about her plan to skip the induction ceremony. "It wasn't on my radar screen. Other people seemed to be way more interested in it than I am."
"It's like other awards that have come my way: I'm delighted to get them," she added. "But I didn't work in music for that reason."
The ceremony will also be aired on HBO on May 31.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed