Johnny Depp Confirms Amber Heard Engagement: My 'Chick's Ring' Is a 'Dead Giveaway'
Johnny Depp confirmed engagement to Amber Heard when he made appearance in Beijing on Monday, March 31 to promote his latest flick "Transcendence", which also stars Morgan Freeman and Rebecca Hall. As reported by The Associated Press, Depp was asked by a journalist whether he was engaged to his model girlfriend.
"The fact that I'm wearing a chick's ring on my finger is probably a dead giveaway. Not very subtle," he answered. Depp then laughed and showed the diamond ring on his ring finger. He added of wedding planning, "I think that I would be better at making women's shoes than I would be at wedding planning, I can't plan anything. I'm really bad at that stuff."
Speculations about Depp and Heard's engagement started earlier this year. The actor previously was in relationship with Vanessa Paradis for 14 years before calling it quits in 2012. They have 2 children together.
The couple, who co-starred in "The Rum Diary", held an engagement party earlier this month. According to Us Weekly, the bash was attended by popular names such as Marilyn Manson, Steven Tyler, Mandy Moore, "Pirates of the Caribbean" producer Jerry Bruckheimer and Rick Rubin.
More Johnny Depp News
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck '100 Percent Still Separated' Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Miranda Lambert's Rep Shoots Down Pregnancy Rumors
- Watch Star-Studded Performance of 'What the World Needs Now Is Love' at DNC
- 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Brings Out the Poetic World
- Keshia Knight Pulliam Accuses Her Husband of Cheating While Tearfully Talking About Divorce
- Beyonce Is Reported to Perform at 2016 MTV VMAs
- George and Amal Clooney Are Reportedly Expecting First Child