Alicia Keys and Kendrick Lamar Debut 'It's on Again' From 'Amazing Spider- Man 2'
It has been revealed that Alicia Keys has joined forces with Kendrick Lamar for the soundtrack of "The Amazing Spider-Man 2". Also featuring contributions from super producer Pharrell Williams and composer Hans Zimmer, the singer and the rapper's collaboration called "It's on Again" finally arrived in full on Monday, March 31.
The song opens with Lamar aggressively spitting some bars over the rock guitar riffs. Keys' smooth vocals then emerge as she sings about the duties of a superhero. "And even through disaster/ Eye of the tiger for hope," she coos. "And even when I'm tired/ 'Go' is the only word I know."
"I'm very excited to be a part of such a powerful collaboration with Kendrick Lamar, Pharrell Williams and Hans Zimmer," Keys said in a statement released upon the song's announcement in early March.
"This is the next chapter in the 'Spider-Man' legacy and we really feel 'It's On Again' captures the experience, the story - and most importantly - the meaning behind the film, which is that we all have the potential to be extraordinary. There's a little bit of a super hero in all of us," she added.
A music video for "It's on Again" has already been shot, but there's still no info when it will be dropped. The song will appear in the "Amazing Spider-Man 2" soundtrack album that's arriving on April 22. Meanwhile, the movie starring Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone is slated to open in U.S. theaters on May 2.
More Alicia Keys News
- Meek Mill Takes More Shots at Drake on 'All the Way Up' Remix
- Disney Is Considering a Live-Action Version of 'The Little Mermaid'
- Johnny Depp Protects $400 Net Worth, Refuses Amber Heard's Request for Spousal Support
- 'Limitless' Is Canceled by CBS After One Season, Gets No Second Chance
- Beyonce Holds Hands With Jay-Z During Date Night in NYC
- New 'Captain America' Comic Reveals Steve Rogers Is a Hydra Agent All Along
- Patrick Dempsey Confirms He's Back Together With Wife Jillian Fink
- Amber Heard Files for Divorce From Johnny Depp