Pharrell Williams Joins 'The Voice' as Coach in Season 7
"The Voice" has hired a new coach. NBC has announced that Pharrell Williams is joining the show in season 7 following Cee-Lo Green's exit after season 5. The network revealed on Twitter Monday, March 31 after a series of hints, "Okay, we can OFFICIALLY say it! WE ARE SO #HAPPY to announce PHARRELL WILLIAMS = #NewVoiceCoach for SEASON 7."
"It's been a huge year for Pharrell, with recognition for his contribution in the world of music - the 'Despicable Me' franchise soundtracks, his Oscar-nominated song 'Happy' and his Grammy-winning collaboration with Daft Punk on the breakout dance hit 'Get Lucky'," said Paul Telegdy, president, alternative and late night programming, NBC Entertainment. "His dominance in record sales in 2014, coupled with his incomparable accomplishments in the world of fashion and design, make him an irresistible addition to 'The Voice' family."
He continued, "He has already made a considerable impact as a mentor, drawing on an impressive track record as both a producer and performer. It is a perfect fit for 'The Voice' as we evolve and reach for new heights with this franchise. It feels like we are welcoming an existing family member home."
Executive producer Mark Burnett added, "I am thrilled to have Pharrell come back to 'The Voice' family, and this time... as a coach. Continuing in 'The Voice' tradition of having the biggest and most current music stars as coaches, Pharrell fits perfectly."
The Grammy-winning singer/producer has previously appeared on the singing competition series as a guest mentor for Team Usher in season 4. He's cleary excited to join the show as a full-time coach in the fall, tweeting, "This is going to be so fun."
Adam Levine, Blake Shelton, Shakira and Usher are coaches for the current season of "The Voice". Adam and Blake have remained a part of the coaches panel since the start, while Shakira and Usher were added in season 4 to fill in for Christina Aguilera and Cee-Lo when the two original coaches took a break.
More The Voice News
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!