Michael Jackson's New Album to Be Released in May
Epic Records and Michael Jackson's estate have announced that a new album by the late singer is currently on the way. The record, which is titled "Xscape", will feature eight new songs and is set to be released on May 13.
L.A. Reid serves as the executive producer of the album. "Michael left behind some musical performances that we take great pride in presenting through the vision of music producers that he either worked directly with or expressed strong desire to work with," the chairman and CEO of Epic Records said in a statement.
The statement added that Reid "was granted unlimited access to the treasures representing four decades of material on which Jackson had completed his vocals."
Timbaland, who teased the record last year, is the lead producer. The album will also feature contributions from Rodney Jerkins, Stargate and Jerome "J-Roc" Harmon.
"Michael was always on the cutting edge and was constantly reaching out to new producers, looking for new sounds. He was always relevant and current. These tracks, in many ways, capture that spirit. We thank L.A. Reid for his vision," John Branca and John McClain, co-executors of the Estate of Michael Jackson, said of the project.
The new album's title is derived from one of the new singles. The track "Xscape" was co-written and co-produced by Jackson and Jerkins.
More Michael Jackson News
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic
- Move Out Rihanna! Drake Wakes Up Next to 'the Most Beautiful Woman' After His Birthday Party
- 'Carpool Karaoke': Lady GaGa Is Novice Driver, James Corden Tries on Her Infamous Costumes
- Shia LaBeouf Is a Marine With PTSD in 'Man Down' Teaser Trailer