David Duchovny Lines Up 'Aquarius' as His Next TV Project
David Duchovny did not wait long to set his eyes on another TV series before "Californication" ends. The actor has lined up his next project, a 13-episode straight-to-series order about notorious murderer Charles Manson.
"Aquarius" was announced by NBC on Monday, March 31 as an "event" series. "Event series are a big priority for us, and the combination of a show that charts the lead-up to the Manson murders, along with a television star of the magnitude of David Duchovny, is the very definition of an event," said NBC Entertainment president Jennifer Salke. "We're thrilled to be working with these talented producers, including Marty Adelstein and creator John McNamara, to present something truly original."
Duchovny will be an LAPD sergeant in 1960s who is investigating a then-unknown Manson. "I'm thrilled to be working with [NBC Entertainment chairman] Bob Greenblatt again and coming back to broadcast television," said the actor. "I think Aquarius has a chance to be a special show, and I can't wait to get going."
Greenblatt was also grateful about his reunion with the former "The X-Files" star, saying, "After being involved in the production of both The X-Files and Californication, it gives me great pleasure to work with David Duchovny for the third time on this compelling drama. I'm especially pleased that he wanted to come to NBC, where I know there is a big audience waiting to see him."
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier