DJ Tiesto Cancels Venezuela Show Over Unrest, Says 'It's No Time for Party'
DJ Tiesto has canceled his upcoming show in Venezuela due to the crisis in the country. "It's no time for party," the EDM producer, who's named the world's highest paid DJ by Forbes, told Associated Press late last week of his decision to call off the gig.
The show was supposed to take place on April 4 at the Metropolitan University in the capital city of Caracas. Saying that he'd always played great shows in Venezuela, Tiesto promised that he would reschedule it as soon as possible.
Venezuela has been rocked by anti-government protests since early February. Demonstrators are demanding better security, an end to goods shortages and protected freedom of speech. Earlier this week, Italian singer Jovanotti was also canceling his concert in Caracas over safety concerns.
Meanwhile, Tiesto was most recently seen performing at Ultra Music Festival in Miami. The Dutch entertainer was joined by Icona Pop onstage to perform their collaboration, "Let's Go".
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'