DJ Tiesto Cancels Venezuela Show Over Unrest, Says 'It's No Time for Party'
DJ Tiesto has canceled his upcoming show in Venezuela due to the crisis in the country. "It's no time for party," the EDM producer, who's named the world's highest paid DJ by Forbes, told Associated Press late last week of his decision to call off the gig.
The show was supposed to take place on April 4 at the Metropolitan University in the capital city of Caracas. Saying that he'd always played great shows in Venezuela, Tiesto promised that he would reschedule it as soon as possible.
Venezuela has been rocked by anti-government protests since early February. Demonstrators are demanding better security, an end to goods shortages and protected freedom of speech. Earlier this week, Italian singer Jovanotti was also canceling his concert in Caracas over safety concerns.
Meanwhile, Tiesto was most recently seen performing at Ultra Music Festival in Miami. The Dutch entertainer was joined by Icona Pop onstage to perform their collaboration, "Let's Go".
- Watch Juicy J and Kanye West in 'Ballin' Video
- Tina Fey Suggested Alec Baldwin to Play Donald Trump on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Watch Ben Affleck and Matt Damon Hilariously Argue Over Who's Closer to Tom Brady
- Daisy Ridley, Judi Dench and More A-Listers Join Johnny Depp in 'Murder on the Orient Express'
- Confirmed! Lady GaGa Is Headlining 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Oops! Cher Accidentally Retweets a Dick Pic
- No More Bad Blood! Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris Are Texting Again
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young