DJ Tiesto Cancels Venezuela Show Over Unrest, Says 'It's No Time for Party'
DJ Tiesto has canceled his upcoming show in Venezuela due to the crisis in the country. "It's no time for party," the EDM producer, who's named the world's highest paid DJ by Forbes, told Associated Press late last week of his decision to call off the gig.
The show was supposed to take place on April 4 at the Metropolitan University in the capital city of Caracas. Saying that he'd always played great shows in Venezuela, Tiesto promised that he would reschedule it as soon as possible.
Venezuela has been rocked by anti-government protests since early February. Demonstrators are demanding better security, an end to goods shortages and protected freedom of speech. Earlier this week, Italian singer Jovanotti was also canceling his concert in Caracas over safety concerns.
Meanwhile, Tiesto was most recently seen performing at Ultra Music Festival in Miami. The Dutch entertainer was joined by Icona Pop onstage to perform their collaboration, "Let's Go".
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory