DJ Tiesto Cancels Venezuela Show Over Unrest, Says 'It's No Time for Party'
DJ Tiesto has canceled his upcoming show in Venezuela due to the crisis in the country. "It's no time for party," the EDM producer, who's named the world's highest paid DJ by Forbes, told Associated Press late last week of his decision to call off the gig.
The show was supposed to take place on April 4 at the Metropolitan University in the capital city of Caracas. Saying that he'd always played great shows in Venezuela, Tiesto promised that he would reschedule it as soon as possible.
Venezuela has been rocked by anti-government protests since early February. Demonstrators are demanding better security, an end to goods shortages and protected freedom of speech. Earlier this week, Italian singer Jovanotti was also canceling his concert in Caracas over safety concerns.
Meanwhile, Tiesto was most recently seen performing at Ultra Music Festival in Miami. The Dutch entertainer was joined by Icona Pop onstage to perform their collaboration, "Let's Go".
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?