DJ Tiesto Cancels Venezuela Show Over Unrest, Says 'It's No Time for Party'
DJ Tiesto has canceled his upcoming show in Venezuela due to the crisis in the country. "It's no time for party," the EDM producer, who's named the world's highest paid DJ by Forbes, told Associated Press late last week of his decision to call off the gig.
The show was supposed to take place on April 4 at the Metropolitan University in the capital city of Caracas. Saying that he'd always played great shows in Venezuela, Tiesto promised that he would reschedule it as soon as possible.
Venezuela has been rocked by anti-government protests since early February. Demonstrators are demanding better security, an end to goods shortages and protected freedom of speech. Earlier this week, Italian singer Jovanotti was also canceling his concert in Caracas over safety concerns.
Meanwhile, Tiesto was most recently seen performing at Ultra Music Festival in Miami. The Dutch entertainer was joined by Icona Pop onstage to perform their collaboration, "Let's Go".
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?