'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Will Be Messy, Brutal and Thrilling
"The Walking Dead" has just wrapped up its fourth season, but the cast and crew have already talked about what's next in season 5. In a new video released by AMC, executive producer David Alpert promises the upcoming installment will be "even better" than the last one, with harder battle for Rick and the group.
As season 4 pointed out that no one could be the same person he/she had been, fans will see "a completely different Rick," EP and special effects guru Greg Nicotero says. He adds that Rick will be a person "who is just willing to do anything" and won't question any motives or any decisions.
Star Chad L. Coleman says after "all hells broke loose" in season 4, things will scale down in season 5 but it gets even harder. Andrew Lincoln who plays Rick describes season 5 as "messy," "brutal" and "thrilling," while Lauren Cohan teases an "explosive" beginning.
On the "Talking Dead" season finale, exec producer Scott M. Gimple revealed that the survivors wouldn't stay in Terminus throughout season 5. "We're looking at all the new places we're going," he said. "It's going to be an incredible season. It's going to be completely different from this year."
Meanwhile, in a Twitter Q&A before the season 4 finale aired, Gimple said there would be more characters from the comic books coming in the TV show. He initially refused to mention any, but then spilled the beans, "Negan will be in the show... But we won't say when."
In the comics, Negan is the leader of The Saviors who always carries a baseball bat wrapped in barbwire that he calls Lucille. He's described as exceptionally brutal and known for being foul-mouthed.
More The Walking Dead News
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner
- Harry Styles Announces First Solo World Tour
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound