Juno Awards: Tegan and Sara Dominates Full Winners List, Justin Bieber Gets Booed
The full winners list of 2014 Juno Awards has been revealed. Duo Tegan and Sara was the biggest winner at the annual events taking place in Winnipeg, Canada, on Sunday night, March 30 as they won in various categories including Group of the Year.
The identical twins also took home Pop Album of the Year after their latest album, "Heartthrob", won over Michael Buble's "To Be Loved" and Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines". The group's single "Closer" additionally earned the Single of the Year title after beating Arcade Fire's "Reflektor" and Buble's "It's a Beautiful Day".
Despite losing the Single of the Year award to the two ladies, Arcade Fire still managed to win two awards. The Montreal-based rockers nabbed the Album of the Year and Alternative Album of the Year awards for their "Reflektor".
Also walking away with two trophies was Serena Ryder. The 31-year-old musician won the prestigious titles of Artist of the Year and Songwriter of the Year. Other notable winners included Drake (Rap Recording of the Year for "Nothing Was the Same"), Bruno Mars (International Album of the Year for "Unorthodox Jukebox") and Justin Bieber (Juno Fan Choice Award).
Bieber, who's been making headlines for his run-ins with the law, must be relieved that he wasn't present to collect the trophy. Loud booing was heard from the crowd who attended the event after the "Baby" singer was announced as a winner.
Ryder then defended Bieber when she took the stage to accept one of her awards. "I really think Justin Bieber is an amazing musician and that he deserves every bit of that award," she told the audience. "He's been working his a** off his entire life and we need to support how awesome he is."
The complete list of the winners is available here.
- Album of the Year: "Reflektor" - Arcade Fire
- Single of the Year: "Closer" - Tegan and Sara
- Group of the Year: Tegan and Sara
- Juno Fan Choice Award: Justin Bieber
- Songwriter of the Year: Serena Ryder
- Country Album of the Year: "Crop Circles" - Dean Brody
- International Album of the Year: "Unorthodox Jukebox" - Bruno Mars
- Artist of the Year: Serena Ryder
- Alternative Album of the Year: "Reflektor" - Arcade Fire
- Rap Recording of the Year: "Nothing Was the Same" - Drake
- Pop Album of the Year: "Heartthrob" - Tegan and Sara
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special