Juno Awards: Tegan and Sara Dominates Full Winners List, Justin Bieber Gets Booed
The full winners list of 2014 Juno Awards has been revealed. Duo Tegan and Sara was the biggest winner at the annual events taking place in Winnipeg, Canada, on Sunday night, March 30 as they won in various categories including Group of the Year.
The identical twins also took home Pop Album of the Year after their latest album, "Heartthrob", won over Michael Buble's "To Be Loved" and Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines". The group's single "Closer" additionally earned the Single of the Year title after beating Arcade Fire's "Reflektor" and Buble's "It's a Beautiful Day".
Despite losing the Single of the Year award to the two ladies, Arcade Fire still managed to win two awards. The Montreal-based rockers nabbed the Album of the Year and Alternative Album of the Year awards for their "Reflektor".
Also walking away with two trophies was Serena Ryder. The 31-year-old musician won the prestigious titles of Artist of the Year and Songwriter of the Year. Other notable winners included Drake (Rap Recording of the Year for "Nothing Was the Same"), Bruno Mars (International Album of the Year for "Unorthodox Jukebox") and Justin Bieber (Juno Fan Choice Award).
Bieber, who's been making headlines for his run-ins with the law, must be relieved that he wasn't present to collect the trophy. Loud booing was heard from the crowd who attended the event after the "Baby" singer was announced as a winner.
Ryder then defended Bieber when she took the stage to accept one of her awards. "I really think Justin Bieber is an amazing musician and that he deserves every bit of that award," she told the audience. "He's been working his a** off his entire life and we need to support how awesome he is."
The complete list of the winners is available here.
- Album of the Year: "Reflektor" - Arcade Fire
- Single of the Year: "Closer" - Tegan and Sara
- Group of the Year: Tegan and Sara
- Juno Fan Choice Award: Justin Bieber
- Songwriter of the Year: Serena Ryder
- Country Album of the Year: "Crop Circles" - Dean Brody
- International Album of the Year: "Unorthodox Jukebox" - Bruno Mars
- Artist of the Year: Serena Ryder
- Alternative Album of the Year: "Reflektor" - Arcade Fire
- Rap Recording of the Year: "Nothing Was the Same" - Drake
- Pop Album of the Year: "Heartthrob" - Tegan and Sara
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'