J.K. Rowling's 'Harry Potter' Spin-Off Will Be Three Megamovies
One of Harry Potter's texbooks will come to life as a series. J.K. Rowling's "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" would be made into a trilogy, Warner Bros. CEO Kevin Tsujihara confirmed in his profile.
The movie was first announced in September along with the revelation of Rowling as the screenwriter. Tsujihara convinced her to adapt the book into big screen. "We had one dinner, a follow-up telephone call, and then I got out the rough draft that I'd thought was going to be an interesting bit of memorabilia for my kids and started rewriting," Rowling told the New York Times.
She added, "When Kevin got the top job, he brought a new energy, which rubbed off. He's a very engaging person, thoughtful and funny." "Harry Potter" regular David Heyman will produce the movies. No release dates have been announced.
The book was written by Rowling between the publication of the fourth and fifth "Harry Potter" series. An extension to the Harry Potter world, it is set in New York, 70 years before Potter's days. It follows "magizoologist" named Newt Scamander who is the author of a guide to magical creatures.
More Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them News
- See Black Lightning in Costume in First Look of The CW's New Series
- Kim Kardashian Channels Kris Jenner for a Sexy Photoshoot - Check Out Her Wild Look!
- 'The Mindy Project' Renewed for Sixth and Final Season on Hulu
- Rob Kardashian 'Fears' Blac Chyna Will Come for Him After Calling Out Tyga
- 'Fate of the Furious' Will Start a New Trilogy, Vin Diesel Says
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Body in Gucci Mane's 'Make Love' Music Video
- See David Beckham's Face Ruined for 'King Arthur' Movie!
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage