Video: Sam Smith Performs 'Stay With Me' During First 'SNL' Appearance
Sam Smith served as the musical guest in the Saturday, March 29 episode of "Saturday Night Live". During his first appearance on the NBC show, the British singer wowed fans with the live performance of his two songs called "Stay With Me" and "Lay Me Down".
Taking the stage in a black suit, Smith showcased his amazing vocals as he was joined by a string orchestra and backing choir for his first performance. He later returned to the stage to perform the second song while being accompanied by a piano player and a cellist.
Both songs performed that night will appear in Smith's upcoming debut album "In the Lonely Hour". The record, which will also include hit single "Money on My Mind", is expected to be released in May.
Smith found fame after being featured on Disclosure's breakthrough hit "Latch". Prior to performing on "SNL", the 21-year-old musician admitted to being nervous because he wasn't sure people would know who he was. "I'm a little bit scared, because I haven't got my album out at all, so people don't really know who I am," he recently told MTV.
Sam Smith Performs "Stay With Me":
Sam Smith Performs "Lay Me Down":
- 'Carpool Karaoke': Lady GaGa Is Novice Driver, James Corden Tries on Her Infamous Costumes
- Shia LaBeouf Is a Marine With PTSD in 'Man Down' Teaser Trailer
- Rihanna Sends Taylor Swift a Warning After Pop Diva Spent Her Night Partying With Drake
- Ray J Teams Up With Chris Brown for Kanye West 'Famous' Response
- Here's Why Ryan Reynolds Disagrees With Tim Miller's 'More Stylish' Version of 'Deadpool 2'
- Taylor Kinney Already Moves on After Lady GaGa Split. Who's His New Girlfriend?
- What Breakup? Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are 'Still Together' Despite Split Rumors
- We'll Miss You, Toby! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star and Creator Say Goodbye to Keegan Allen