Rapper Benzino Feels 'Much Better' After Being Shot on Mother's Funeral
Rapper Benzino is recovering from a gunshot wound inflicted by his 36-year-old nephew on Saturday, March 29. The rapper, whose real name is Raymond Scott, took to Instagram to share a photo of him resting in his hospital room. "Feel much better, GOD IS REAL @luvheraltheaheart is my SOULMATE....... MY MOTHER TOUCHED ME, IM CERTAIN," he captioned the photo.
As reported by The Patriot Ledger, there were 15 family members and friends who were with Benzino at the South Shore Hospital on Sunday. "I'm feeling much better today than yesterday," the Boston rapper and reality star told the site. "No one wants to put (their family) through that ... but I look at it like she (Scott's mother) is the guardian angel that got me through it." He is expected to be released on Tuesday.
Benzino was shot by his nephew Gai Scott when he was on the way to St. Peter's church for his mother's funeral. According to Plymouth County District Attorney, Benzino was taken to hospital with non-fatal injuries and his nephew was arrested and charged with assault with intent to murder.
"There has been growing family tension between Raymond Scott and Gai Scott," officials said in a statement. "At some point when the cars were side by side, Gai Scott fired several shots into the red Dodge SUV being driven by Raymond Scott." Father William Williams told The Boston Globe that the funeral mass was continued as planned after mourners were questioned by the police.
- Johnny Depp Sorry for Joking About Assassinating President Donald Trump
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21
- DJ Khaled Releases New Album 'Grateful'
- Is Drake Expecting a Son?
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment