Rapper Benzino Feels 'Much Better' After Being Shot on Mother's Funeral
Rapper Benzino is recovering from a gunshot wound inflicted by his 36-year-old nephew on Saturday, March 29. The rapper, whose real name is Raymond Scott, took to Instagram to share a photo of him resting in his hospital room. "Feel much better, GOD IS REAL @luvheraltheaheart is my SOULMATE....... MY MOTHER TOUCHED ME, IM CERTAIN," he captioned the photo.
As reported by The Patriot Ledger, there were 15 family members and friends who were with Benzino at the South Shore Hospital on Sunday. "I'm feeling much better today than yesterday," the Boston rapper and reality star told the site. "No one wants to put (their family) through that ... but I look at it like she (Scott's mother) is the guardian angel that got me through it." He is expected to be released on Tuesday.
Benzino was shot by his nephew Gai Scott when he was on the way to St. Peter's church for his mother's funeral. According to Plymouth County District Attorney, Benzino was taken to hospital with non-fatal injuries and his nephew was arrested and charged with assault with intent to murder.
"There has been growing family tension between Raymond Scott and Gai Scott," officials said in a statement. "At some point when the cars were side by side, Gai Scott fired several shots into the red Dodge SUV being driven by Raymond Scott." Father William Williams told The Boston Globe that the funeral mass was continued as planned after mourners were questioned by the police.
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding