'Dynasty' Star Kate O'Mara Dies After Brief Illness
Actress Kate O'Mara, who probably is mostly remembered for her appearance in 1980s soap opera "Dynasty", has passed away. Her agent Phil Belfield said that the British actress died at a nursing home in southern England on Sunday, March 30 following a brief illness. She was 74. Calling the actress extraordinary, Belfield added, "A shining star has gone out and Kate will be dearly missed by all who knew and have worked with her."
O'Mara started her acting career in 1960s. In addition to playing Cassandra "Caress" Morrell on "Dynasty", she took part on "Doctor Who" in the 1980s and BBC's "Howards' Way". She also made appearances on comedy show "Absolutely Fabulous" and was most recently seen in a stage adaptation of Agatha Christie's "Death on the Nile" in 2012.
"Oh my goodness. Kate O'Mara is no longer with us. Sad sad news. A delightful, committed and talented lady and actress. We are the poorer," said former "Doctor Who" star Colin Baker in a Twitter post. Another former co-star Bonnie Langford wrote, "So sad to hear that the wonderful Kate O'Mara has gone. Treasured memories."
TV show host Graham Norton also paid tribute on social media. "Kate O'Mara is no more. Only 74! I loved every encounter I had with her. Today doesn't seem so sunny," he tweeted.
O'Mara is survived by her sister Belinda Carroll.
- Kate Winslet Opens Up About Being Fat-Shamed as a Child: 'They Called Me Blubber'
- Justin Bieber and Koutney Kardashian Secretly Hooking Up in 'Love Nest'
- First Possible 'Marvel's Defenders' Art Promo and Logo Arrive Online
- Baby Before Marriage? Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Reportedly Expecting Their First Child
- 'DWTS' Pair Sharna Burgess and Bonner Bolton Fuel Dating Rumors With Flirty Night Out
- Meet Anthony Hopkins' Sidekick in New 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Motion Posters
- Kevin Hart Creates Dimwitted Superhero in First Trailer for 'Captain Underpants'
- Drake Getting Sade's Face Tattooed on His Rib Amid Dating Rumors