'Dynasty' Star Kate O'Mara Dies After Brief Illness
Actress Kate O'Mara, who probably is mostly remembered for her appearance in 1980s soap opera "Dynasty", has passed away. Her agent Phil Belfield said that the British actress died at a nursing home in southern England on Sunday, March 30 following a brief illness. She was 74. Calling the actress extraordinary, Belfield added, "A shining star has gone out and Kate will be dearly missed by all who knew and have worked with her."
O'Mara started her acting career in 1960s. In addition to playing Cassandra "Caress" Morrell on "Dynasty", she took part on "Doctor Who" in the 1980s and BBC's "Howards' Way". She also made appearances on comedy show "Absolutely Fabulous" and was most recently seen in a stage adaptation of Agatha Christie's "Death on the Nile" in 2012.
"Oh my goodness. Kate O'Mara is no longer with us. Sad sad news. A delightful, committed and talented lady and actress. We are the poorer," said former "Doctor Who" star Colin Baker in a Twitter post. Another former co-star Bonnie Langford wrote, "So sad to hear that the wonderful Kate O'Mara has gone. Treasured memories."
TV show host Graham Norton also paid tribute on social media. "Kate O'Mara is no more. Only 74! I loved every encounter I had with her. Today doesn't seem so sunny," he tweeted.
O'Mara is survived by her sister Belinda Carroll.
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'
- Amber Heard Reportedly Dating a Musician After Johnny Depp Split. Who's Her New Man?
- NBC Announces Next Live Musical 'Bye Bye Birdie' Starring Jennifer Lopez
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?