Elton John and David Furnish to Marry Privately in May
Elton John and his longtime partner David Furnish already entered into a British civil partnership eight years ago, but they are going to take their relationship to the next level. Furnish told the Las Vegas Review Journal on Friday, March 28 that they would get married in spring.
"We don't feel the need to take an extra step legally. But since we're committed for life, we feel it's really important to take that step, and take advantage of that amazing change in legislation," Furnish said. "We all live by example."
John and Furnish entered into a British civil partnership on the day it came into law in 2005. Legislation to allow same-sex marriage in England passed a few weeks ago. Back in October, John told Jimmy Kimmel, "If the laws are gonna help us again, as a famous gay couple we will do it. It's our duty to do it to make sure everyone knows that this is something that's a gift that we never dreamed we'd ever get."
John and Furnish are parents to 3-year-old and 16-month-old sons, Zachary and Elijah. Furnish revealed that their upcoming wedding would be simple, unlike their first reception. "I think what we'll do is go to a registry office in England in May, and take the boys with us, and a couple of witnesses," he said.
More Elton John News
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments