Elton John and David Furnish to Marry Privately in May
Elton John and his longtime partner David Furnish already entered into a British civil partnership eight years ago, but they are going to take their relationship to the next level. Furnish told the Las Vegas Review Journal on Friday, March 28 that they would get married in spring.
"We don't feel the need to take an extra step legally. But since we're committed for life, we feel it's really important to take that step, and take advantage of that amazing change in legislation," Furnish said. "We all live by example."
John and Furnish entered into a British civil partnership on the day it came into law in 2005. Legislation to allow same-sex marriage in England passed a few weeks ago. Back in October, John told Jimmy Kimmel, "If the laws are gonna help us again, as a famous gay couple we will do it. It's our duty to do it to make sure everyone knows that this is something that's a gift that we never dreamed we'd ever get."
John and Furnish are parents to 3-year-old and 16-month-old sons, Zachary and Elijah. Furnish revealed that their upcoming wedding would be simple, unlike their first reception. "I think what we'll do is go to a registry office in England in May, and take the boys with us, and a couple of witnesses," he said.
More Elton John News
- Justin Bieber Appears to Pee His Pants During Outing - And He's Proud of It
- Is Brad Pitt Staying at a Sober House?
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip