Avicii, Carlos Santana, Wyclef Jean Team Up for World Cup Anthem
Avicii, Carlos Santana and Wyclef Jean have all been tapped for the closing anthem of this year's World Cup. FIFA, who's responsible for international soccer, and Sony Entertainment announced the news on Friday, March 28.
The three superstars will be joined by Brazilian singer Alexandre Pires to perform the anthem which is titled "Dar um Jeito (We Will Find a Way)". The track was penned by two-time Grammy-nominee Ash Pournouri.
"In Portuguese Dar Um Jeito means to find a way around obstacles and impossibilities," Purnouri said of the song. "With this track, we wanted to send a message of optimism and opportunity with the music and the words."
The track will be performed live at the World Cup closing ceremony in Rio De Janeiro on July 13. It will be featured in the "Official 2014 World Cup Album" that has also included "We Are One", the event's official song performed by Pitbull, Jennifer Lopez and Claudia Leitte.
More Avicii News
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard
- Justin Bieber Spotted on Dinner Date With Nicola Peltz
- Take a Peek at Gwen Stefani's 'Misery' Music Video in This Teaser
- Miranda Lambert Closes Her Boutique, Sells Building to Ex-Husband Blake Shelton
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?