Avicii, Carlos Santana, Wyclef Jean Team Up for World Cup Anthem
Avicii, Carlos Santana and Wyclef Jean have all been tapped for the closing anthem of this year's World Cup. FIFA, who's responsible for international soccer, and Sony Entertainment announced the news on Friday, March 28.
The three superstars will be joined by Brazilian singer Alexandre Pires to perform the anthem which is titled "Dar um Jeito (We Will Find a Way)". The track was penned by two-time Grammy-nominee Ash Pournouri.
"In Portuguese Dar Um Jeito means to find a way around obstacles and impossibilities," Purnouri said of the song. "With this track, we wanted to send a message of optimism and opportunity with the music and the words."
The track will be performed live at the World Cup closing ceremony in Rio De Janeiro on July 13. It will be featured in the "Official 2014 World Cup Album" that has also included "We Are One", the event's official song performed by Pitbull, Jennifer Lopez and Claudia Leitte.
- Meghan Markle Wants Prince Harry to Build Her 'Enormous' Shoe Room at Kensington Palace
- Kylie Jenner Licks Khloe Kardashian's Chest in Saucy Pic for 'KUWTK' 10th Anniversary
- Hacker Threatens to Leak 'Orange Is the New Black' Season 5 Unless Netflix Pays Ransom
- Sean Paul Connects With Migos for Epic Beach Party in New Video for 'Body'
- Justin Bieber 'Loves' Popping His Pimples Just to Get Attention
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Will Be Set in Hogwarts Stand-In Location
- Brad Pitt to Have Plactic Surgery as Angelina Jolie Divorce Ruins His Appearance
- ABC's 'Gong Show' Reboot Taps Tommy Maitland or Presumably Mike Myers in Disguise to Host