Avicii, Carlos Santana, Wyclef Jean Team Up for World Cup Anthem
Avicii, Carlos Santana and Wyclef Jean have all been tapped for the closing anthem of this year's World Cup. FIFA, who's responsible for international soccer, and Sony Entertainment announced the news on Friday, March 28.
The three superstars will be joined by Brazilian singer Alexandre Pires to perform the anthem which is titled "Dar um Jeito (We Will Find a Way)". The track was penned by two-time Grammy-nominee Ash Pournouri.
"In Portuguese Dar Um Jeito means to find a way around obstacles and impossibilities," Purnouri said of the song. "With this track, we wanted to send a message of optimism and opportunity with the music and the words."
The track will be performed live at the World Cup closing ceremony in Rio De Janeiro on July 13. It will be featured in the "Official 2014 World Cup Album" that has also included "We Are One", the event's official song performed by Pitbull, Jennifer Lopez and Claudia Leitte.
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake
- Tom Holland Spotted Filming 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in NYC Subway
- Audrina Patridge Shares Sweet Photo of Her Breastfeeding Her Daughter
- 'Will and Grace' Stars Reunite for Hillary Clinton Endorsement Video