Avicii, Carlos Santana, Wyclef Jean Team Up for World Cup Anthem
Avicii, Carlos Santana and Wyclef Jean have all been tapped for the closing anthem of this year's World Cup. FIFA, who's responsible for international soccer, and Sony Entertainment announced the news on Friday, March 28.
The three superstars will be joined by Brazilian singer Alexandre Pires to perform the anthem which is titled "Dar um Jeito (We Will Find a Way)". The track was penned by two-time Grammy-nominee Ash Pournouri.
"In Portuguese Dar Um Jeito means to find a way around obstacles and impossibilities," Purnouri said of the song. "With this track, we wanted to send a message of optimism and opportunity with the music and the words."
The track will be performed live at the World Cup closing ceremony in Rio De Janeiro on July 13. It will be featured in the "Official 2014 World Cup Album" that has also included "We Are One", the event's official song performed by Pitbull, Jennifer Lopez and Claudia Leitte.
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere
- Swimsuit-Clad Lea Michele Flashes Her Derriere During Hawaiian Getaway