Avicii, Carlos Santana, Wyclef Jean Team Up for World Cup Anthem
Avicii, Carlos Santana and Wyclef Jean have all been tapped for the closing anthem of this year's World Cup. FIFA, who's responsible for international soccer, and Sony Entertainment announced the news on Friday, March 28.
The three superstars will be joined by Brazilian singer Alexandre Pires to perform the anthem which is titled "Dar um Jeito (We Will Find a Way)". The track was penned by two-time Grammy-nominee Ash Pournouri.
"In Portuguese Dar Um Jeito means to find a way around obstacles and impossibilities," Purnouri said of the song. "With this track, we wanted to send a message of optimism and opportunity with the music and the words."
The track will be performed live at the World Cup closing ceremony in Rio De Janeiro on July 13. It will be featured in the "Official 2014 World Cup Album" that has also included "We Are One", the event's official song performed by Pitbull, Jennifer Lopez and Claudia Leitte.
More Avicii News
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama