Selena Gomez Subpoenaed in a Paparazzo Lawsuit Against Justin Bieber
Selena Gomez apparently is going to testify in court in relation to a lawsuit launched by a paparazzo against Justin Bieber. According to TMZ, the paparazzo said that the "Come & Get It" singer was with Bieber during the alleged attack in 2012 and she was subpoenad in the lawsuit.
The lawsuit was launched by Jose Osmin Hernandez Duran in June 2013. The photographer claimed that the Canadian pop star "delivered a martial arts-type kick" to his lower rib cage and abdomen when they were at a parking lot outside a Calabasas mall in May 2012. Bieber reportedly also punched the right side of Duran's face and pushed him against a parked car.
A source told Hollywood Life that the "Spring Breakers" star was worried about testifying in court. "Selena is nervous to testify because she doesn't want to say anything that could negatively affect Justin. She's more than willing to support him but she's not happy that she's been dragged into the case," the source explained. "She thinks Justin is innocent to begin with and that all these paps are just trying to get money."
In other news, Bieber's bodyguard who was accused of taking a photographer's camera in Atlanta was indicted on two felony charges of robbery and entering a vehicle on Tuesday, March 25. As reported by The Associated Press, the bodyguard Hugo Hesny admitted to taking a paparazzo's camera and said that he just wanted to delete Bieber's pictures.
More Selena Gomez News
- Colin Farrell Joins Tim Burton's 'Dumbo' live-Action Movie
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction