'Hunger Games' Star Dayo Okeniyi Cast in 'Terminator: Genesis'
Dayo Okeniyi joins "Terminator: Genesis", Variety learns. The actor who plays Tribute from District 11, Thresh, in "The Hunger Games" will play the son of Miles Dyson. John Boyega ("Attack the Block") was previously rumored for the pivotal role, but he is already linked to "Star Wars Episode 7".
Miles Dyson was the man directly responsible for the creation of Skynet, and later teamed up with T-800, Sarah, and John Connor to destroy the dangerous communication system that would cause the war between human and machine. He was played by Joe Morton in the previous film.
The plotline is still unclear, but Arnold Schwarzenegger who will reprise his role as the terminator revealed that his cyborg would look older in the new movie. "It's this metal skeleton. But above that is human flesh. And the Terminator's flesh ages, just like any other human being's flesh. Maybe not as fast. But it definitely ages," he explained.
He also spilled, "Terminator deals a lot with time travel, so there will be a younger T-800 and then what that model does later on when it gets reprogrammed, and who gets a hold of him. So it will be all kinds of interesting twists in the movie, but I feel so good."
The reboot will be the first installment of a new franchise. Emilia Clarke will play Sarah, Jason Clarke portrays her son John, and Jai Courtney stars as his father Kyle Reese. Directed by "Thor: The Dark World" helmer Alan Taylor, it will arrive Stateside on July 1, 2015.
- Conspiracy Theorists Claim Elvis Presley Is Alive and Attended His 82nd Birthday
- Kim Kardashian 'Had a Secret Fling' With 'Celebrity Big Brother' Star Calum Best
- 'The Flash' Also Brings Back Rick Cosnett's Eddie Thawne, but How?
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'