Syfy Moves Up 'Sharknado 2' Premiere Date, Renews 'Helix'
"Sharknado 2: The Second One" will arrive sooner than later. Originally scheduled to air on July 31, the sequel to the 2013 social-media hit is now slated to debut a day earlier on Wednesday, July 30 at 9/8c on Syfy.
Along with the new premiere date, the upcoming TV movie also gets a new poster, depicting what it would be like when the bad weather hits New York and destroys the city's iconic landmark, The Statue of Liberty. Ian Ziering and Tara Reid reprise their roles as Fin and April respectively, joined by new castmembers such as Kelly Osbourne, Vivvica A. Fox, Mark McGrath and Judd Hirsch.
Syfy additionally announces a renewal for its freshman "Helix", bringing the sci-fi series back for a second season. The 13-episode second season will begin production later this year, for a winter 2015 premiere.
" 'Helix' has built one of our most loyal and consistent audiences in its first season on Syfy," says Bill McGoldrick, EVP, Original Content, Syfy. "The incredibly talented writing and producing team have crafted a thriller that consistently delivered suspense, twists and high quality drama. We look forward to growing this passionate audience in what promises to be an even more memorable second season."
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri