Syfy Moves Up 'Sharknado 2' Premiere Date, Renews 'Helix'
"Sharknado 2: The Second One" will arrive sooner than later. Originally scheduled to air on July 31, the sequel to the 2013 social-media hit is now slated to debut a day earlier on Wednesday, July 30 at 9/8c on Syfy.
Along with the new premiere date, the upcoming TV movie also gets a new poster, depicting what it would be like when the bad weather hits New York and destroys the city's iconic landmark, The Statue of Liberty. Ian Ziering and Tara Reid reprise their roles as Fin and April respectively, joined by new castmembers such as Kelly Osbourne, Vivvica A. Fox, Mark McGrath and Judd Hirsch.
Syfy additionally announces a renewal for its freshman "Helix", bringing the sci-fi series back for a second season. The 13-episode second season will begin production later this year, for a winter 2015 premiere.
" 'Helix' has built one of our most loyal and consistent audiences in its first season on Syfy," says Bill McGoldrick, EVP, Original Content, Syfy. "The incredibly talented writing and producing team have crafted a thriller that consistently delivered suspense, twists and high quality drama. We look forward to growing this passionate audience in what promises to be an even more memorable second season."
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama