Syfy Moves Up 'Sharknado 2' Premiere Date, Renews 'Helix'
"Sharknado 2: The Second One" will arrive sooner than later. Originally scheduled to air on July 31, the sequel to the 2013 social-media hit is now slated to debut a day earlier on Wednesday, July 30 at 9/8c on Syfy.
Along with the new premiere date, the upcoming TV movie also gets a new poster, depicting what it would be like when the bad weather hits New York and destroys the city's iconic landmark, The Statue of Liberty. Ian Ziering and Tara Reid reprise their roles as Fin and April respectively, joined by new castmembers such as Kelly Osbourne, Vivvica A. Fox, Mark McGrath and Judd Hirsch.
Syfy additionally announces a renewal for its freshman "Helix", bringing the sci-fi series back for a second season. The 13-episode second season will begin production later this year, for a winter 2015 premiere.
" 'Helix' has built one of our most loyal and consistent audiences in its first season on Syfy," says Bill McGoldrick, EVP, Original Content, Syfy. "The incredibly talented writing and producing team have crafted a thriller that consistently delivered suspense, twists and high quality drama. We look forward to growing this passionate audience in what promises to be an even more memorable second season."
- New 'Finding Dory' Trailer: Meet the Younger Version of Dory
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Lead Music Nominees
- Is Nicki Minaj the Reason Drake Can't Fully Commit to Rihanna?
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: 'Pretty Little Liars' and 'Vampire Diaries' Dominate TV Nominations
- Kim Kardashian Celebrates 2nd Wedding Anniversary With Kanye West in Italy
- Jason Derulo Splits From Girlfriend Daphne Joy
- Twitter Users Are Begging Marvel to Give Captain America a Boyfriend
- Amy Schumer Blasts Body Shaming 'Trolls': 'I Think I Look Strong and Healthy'