Avicii Cancels Festival Appearance as He Needs Gallbladder Surgery
Avicii, who got hospitalized and subsequently canceled his show at SLS South Beach in Miami Beach on Thursday, March 27, is no longer a headliner at the Ultra Music Festival scheduled for this weekend. The fest's organizers have announced that the Swedish DJ won't be performing due to his health issues.
"Unfortunately, health issues will prevent @Avicii from performing at #Ultra2014. The entire team wishes him a speedy recovery," read a statement issued by the festival on Twitter on Friday. Deadmau5 is now set to fill in for the "Wake Me Up" hitmaker.
"We are THRILLED to announce that @deadmau5 has been added to #Ultra2014 and will close the main stage tomorrow!" the statement added.
More details about Avicii's health condition have also emerged. A rep has said that the 24-year-old entertainer was rushed to the hospital after experiencing "severe abdominal pains, nausea, and fever."
"He has been diagnosed as having a blocked gallbladder and is currently being evaluated for a potential surgery to remove his gallbladder," the rep explained. "He has had to cancel all his commitments for the week."
Avicii's manager Ash Pournouri additionally told fans how disappointed the star was for not being able to perform. "I was with Tim at the hospital last night and this morning," the manager said. "He was really disappointed that he wasn't able to come to the AVICII Hotel at SLS and perform for all his fans."
"He really appreciated all the hard work done by SLS, Ushuaia, At Night and SBE in creating the space. It was frustrating for him not to have seen it. And of course, ULTRA has been so important to us for so many years, it's a big letdown not being able to play," he continued.
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage