'Magic Mike' Sequel Gets Title and Director
More information on the upcoming "Magic Mike" sequel which is expected to begin production this fall has just arrived. The Paylist learns that the second movie will be called "Magic Mike XXL" and Greg Jacobs has been tapped to serve behind the lens.
Jacobs is a frequent creative partner of Steven Soderbergh who directed the first film. Jacobs previously became one of the producers for the 2012 drama comedy. Now with he sitting on the directing seat, Soderbergh will assist him as an executive producer.
Co-writer/producer Reid Carolin from the first film also returns for the follow-up with Channing Tatum involved in the scriptwriting, while Joe Manganiello is among the returning cast. The second movie is expected to pick up where the first one left off.
"It will be a road-trip movie, and it will essentially be the movie that everyone thought the first one was going to be: crazy and fun and less slice-of-life and less drama," Tatum once said. "The first one, we had to make not so cheesy and campy; this one we are going to swing for the fences."
The first film was loosely based on Tatum's experience as a young male stripper. It starred such hunks as Alex Pettyfer, Matthew McConaughey, and Matthew Bomer, in addition to Tatum and Manganiello. It bagged $167 million worldwide against a budget of only $7 million.
- Azealia Banks Unveils 'So Ghetto' Freestyle, RZA Sides With Russell Crowe After Record Deal Canceled
- Sofia Richie Blasts Tobey Maguire Romance Rumors
- Shailene Woodley Pleads Not Guilty in Pipeline Protest
- Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid Get Nose Jobs as Humanoid Pets
- Stephen Baldwin Not Fan of Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Impersonation on 'SNL'
- Kanye West Rips Jay-Z in Shocking Rant: 'There Will Never Be a Watch the Throne 2'
- 'Logan' Introduces X-23 in Official Teaser Trailer
- Watch This Chilling Video of Kim Kardashian Paris Robbery!