'Magic Mike' Sequel Gets Title and Director
More information on the upcoming "Magic Mike" sequel which is expected to begin production this fall has just arrived. The Paylist learns that the second movie will be called "Magic Mike XXL" and Greg Jacobs has been tapped to serve behind the lens.
Jacobs is a frequent creative partner of Steven Soderbergh who directed the first film. Jacobs previously became one of the producers for the 2012 drama comedy. Now with he sitting on the directing seat, Soderbergh will assist him as an executive producer.
Co-writer/producer Reid Carolin from the first film also returns for the follow-up with Channing Tatum involved in the scriptwriting, while Joe Manganiello is among the returning cast. The second movie is expected to pick up where the first one left off.
"It will be a road-trip movie, and it will essentially be the movie that everyone thought the first one was going to be: crazy and fun and less slice-of-life and less drama," Tatum once said. "The first one, we had to make not so cheesy and campy; this one we are going to swing for the fences."
The first film was loosely based on Tatum's experience as a young male stripper. It starred such hunks as Alex Pettyfer, Matthew McConaughey, and Matthew Bomer, in addition to Tatum and Manganiello. It bagged $167 million worldwide against a budget of only $7 million.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics