Janelle Monae Performs 'What Is Love' on 'American Idol'
Janelle Monae turned the stage of "American Idol" into the carnival of Brazil when she delivered the first live TV performance of "What Is Love" during the Thursday, March 27 episode of the singing show. After an introduction from host Ryan Seacrest as well as judges Keith Urban, Jennifer Lopez and Harry Connick Jr., the R&B diva appeared on the stage in all-white outfit.
She sang the first lines of the fun song, which appears in the soundtrack of "Rio 2", with some backing vocalists and a backing band before showing off some energetic choreography while being surrounded by a bunch of dancers and drummers. Some scenes from the animated movie were played on the big screen behind them.
"Wow. we just performed @americanidol. Thank you to #rio & #brazil for being an inspiration for my song for #rio2!!" Monae voiced her excitement on Twitter following the performance.
"Rio 2" is set to open in U.S. theaters on April 11. The film's soundtrack album, featuring contributions from Bruno Mars, B.o.B and Ester Dean among others, is out now.
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sports Cornrows and Heavy Makeup in New Instagram Pics
- Pregnant Nikki Reed Bares Cleavage in Sexy Maternity Clothes
- Cristiano Ronaldo's Mother Laughs Off Georgina Rodriguez Pregnancy Rumor: 'It's Nonsense'
- Lamar Odom Is Refused Entry at Los Angeles Strip Club
- Kim Kardashian Is Begging Khloe to Be Her Surrogate for Baby No. 3
- So Cruel! Travis Scott Compares Kylie's Bedroom Skills to Sister Kendall Jenner's
- Selena Gomez Denies Collaboration With The Weeknd on New Music: 'It's Not True'