Kurt Cobain Comic Book to Be Released in April
A comic book which tells the story of Kurt Cobain's life will be released next month. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the comic book is written and drawn by Jayfri Hashim and it will be available in digital version as well as hard copy on April 2. The book will center on the Nirvana member's early career and his rise to stardom.
"Not only is this a great way to understand the importance of his contribution to music, but it is a great tool for kids to read about him in a different medium," said Darren G. Davis of Blue Water Productions. "Our biography comic books are now taught in schools and libraries for students and reluctant readers."
The Cobain installment is a part of the publisher's "Tribute" series, which previously featured artists such as Jimi Hendrix, John Lennon, Paul McCartney, Jim Morrison and Keith Richards. For the next tribute series, they plan to release other books which feature Freddie Mercury and the members of Monty Python.
In other news, police recently released never-before-seen photos from Cobain's death scene. According to CBS News, the 35 photos were taken by responding SPD officers at Cobain's home in 1994. Some of the photos show his suicide note which he placed on top of a planter in the greenhouse with a pen stuck in the middle.
Other photos show drug paraphernalia which he kept in a cigar box. The police also took a photo of his wallet which contained his drivers license.
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young After Finding Out He Impregnated His Ex Again
- Kylie Jenner and Blac Chyna's Feud Ends. Stars Become 'Close' Friends Now
- Miles Teller Has Halo Screwed to His Skull in 'Bleed for This' Trailer
- Miss Teen USA to Eliminate Swimsuit Competition
- Demi Lovato Debuts Steamy New Single 'Body Say', Brings Out T.I. at 'Future Now' Tour
- Rita Ora Hospitalized due to Exhaustion
- Tom Hanks Is a Hero in First 'Sully' Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Poses Topless for W Magazine. See the NSFW Pic!