Kelly Clarkson Teams Up With Martina McBride for 'In the Basement'
Country singer Martina McBride has joined forces with "American Idol" winner Kelly Clarkson for her new single called "In the Basement". The fun and catchy track was originally recorded by Etta James and Sugar Pie DeSanto back in 1966.
The collaboration was already teased by Clarkson earlier this year. The singer, who's currently pregnant with husband Brandon Blackstock's baby, tweeted in January, "Recorded a soulful song with @martinamcbride and I have to say, it's pretty bad a**. A nice distraction from being pregnant! Thanks girl!"
The new version of "In the Basement" will appear in McBride's upcoming album "Everlasting". Set to arrive on April 8, the Don Was-produced record will include 12 covers of soul and R&B songs.
In addition to Clarkson, McBride has worked with Gavin DeGraw for the forthcoming set. The two stars recorded "Bring It on Home to Me", a track that was originally performed by Sam Cooke.
More Martina McBride News
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift