Kelly Clarkson Teams Up With Martina McBride for 'In the Basement'
Country singer Martina McBride has joined forces with "American Idol" winner Kelly Clarkson for her new single called "In the Basement". The fun and catchy track was originally recorded by Etta James and Sugar Pie DeSanto back in 1966.
The collaboration was already teased by Clarkson earlier this year. The singer, who's currently pregnant with husband Brandon Blackstock's baby, tweeted in January, "Recorded a soulful song with @martinamcbride and I have to say, it's pretty bad a**. A nice distraction from being pregnant! Thanks girl!"
The new version of "In the Basement" will appear in McBride's upcoming album "Everlasting". Set to arrive on April 8, the Don Was-produced record will include 12 covers of soul and R&B songs.
In addition to Clarkson, McBride has worked with Gavin DeGraw for the forthcoming set. The two stars recorded "Bring It on Home to Me", a track that was originally performed by Sam Cooke.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says