Kelly Clarkson Teams Up With Martina McBride for 'In the Basement'
Country singer Martina McBride has joined forces with "American Idol" winner Kelly Clarkson for her new single called "In the Basement". The fun and catchy track was originally recorded by Etta James and Sugar Pie DeSanto back in 1966.
The collaboration was already teased by Clarkson earlier this year. The singer, who's currently pregnant with husband Brandon Blackstock's baby, tweeted in January, "Recorded a soulful song with @martinamcbride and I have to say, it's pretty bad a**. A nice distraction from being pregnant! Thanks girl!"
The new version of "In the Basement" will appear in McBride's upcoming album "Everlasting". Set to arrive on April 8, the Don Was-produced record will include 12 covers of soul and R&B songs.
In addition to Clarkson, McBride has worked with Gavin DeGraw for the forthcoming set. The two stars recorded "Bring It on Home to Me", a track that was originally performed by Sam Cooke.
- 'Power Rangers' First Full Trailer Offers First Official Look at Zordon and Megazord
- Amazon Is Adapting Neil Gaiman's 'Good Omens' Into a Limited Series
- Caitlyn Jenner's Rep Clears Up Rumors of Inaugural Dance With Donald Trump
- Nancy Sinatra Slams Donald Trump for Using Her Father's Song at His Inauguration Ball
- Ariana Grande Shares Sweet Birthday Message for 'Soulmate' Mac Miller
- Bella Thorne Gets Flirty With Zedd on Twitter and His Fans Absolutely Hate It
- Fetty Wap and Monty Flaunt Million-Dollar Bling in New Video for 'S**t I Like'
- Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes Reportedly Fighting Over Whether to Have Baby No. 3