Kelly Clarkson Teams Up With Martina McBride for 'In the Basement'
Country singer Martina McBride has joined forces with "American Idol" winner Kelly Clarkson for her new single called "In the Basement". The fun and catchy track was originally recorded by Etta James and Sugar Pie DeSanto back in 1966.
The collaboration was already teased by Clarkson earlier this year. The singer, who's currently pregnant with husband Brandon Blackstock's baby, tweeted in January, "Recorded a soulful song with @martinamcbride and I have to say, it's pretty bad a**. A nice distraction from being pregnant! Thanks girl!"
The new version of "In the Basement" will appear in McBride's upcoming album "Everlasting". Set to arrive on April 8, the Don Was-produced record will include 12 covers of soul and R&B songs.
In addition to Clarkson, McBride has worked with Gavin DeGraw for the forthcoming set. The two stars recorded "Bring It on Home to Me", a track that was originally performed by Sam Cooke.
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage