Kelly Clarkson Teams Up With Martina McBride for 'In the Basement'
Country singer Martina McBride has joined forces with "American Idol" winner Kelly Clarkson for her new single called "In the Basement". The fun and catchy track was originally recorded by Etta James and Sugar Pie DeSanto back in 1966.
The collaboration was already teased by Clarkson earlier this year. The singer, who's currently pregnant with husband Brandon Blackstock's baby, tweeted in January, "Recorded a soulful song with @martinamcbride and I have to say, it's pretty bad a**. A nice distraction from being pregnant! Thanks girl!"
The new version of "In the Basement" will appear in McBride's upcoming album "Everlasting". Set to arrive on April 8, the Don Was-produced record will include 12 covers of soul and R&B songs.
In addition to Clarkson, McBride has worked with Gavin DeGraw for the forthcoming set. The two stars recorded "Bring It on Home to Me", a track that was originally performed by Sam Cooke.
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves
- Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston Bring Thor and Loki to Children Hospital in Australia
- Kendall Jenner Flaunts Her Booty in Unpublished Vogue Pic
- 'Pretty Little Liars' 7.10 Preview: The Kidnapper Gets Attacked
- Iggy Azalea Hits Recording Studio With Verse Simmonds
- See Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel Goof Around With Hillary Clinton at L.A. Fundraiser
- Lionsgate Bringing 'The Monolith' Comic Book to Big Screen
- Teresa Giudice Under Fire for Posting Inappropriate Bikini Pics of Her Underage Daughters