College to Offer a Class on Miley Cyrus
Skidmore College which is located in Saratoga Springs, New York is going to offer a class on Miley Cyrus this summer. The course will be called "The Sociology of Miley Cyrus: Race, Class, Gender and Media" and will center on the twerking singer. Some topics which will be discussed include gender, race, class, fame and power.
"Unfortunately, the way we talk about female pop stars and female bodies, class matters, gender matters, sexuality and sexual performance matters, but race matters a lot [too] and the way we talk about white pop stars is quite different than how we talk about the bodies of women of color," Professor Carolyn Chernoff said of the class, as reported by ABC News. "[Cyrus] complicates representations of the female body in pop culture in some ways that are good, bad, and ugly."
The Saratogian newspaper additionally reported that there would be no twerking during the course. "Sorry, dudes, but this is sociology. Learn to twerk on your own time," Chernoff was quoted as saying.
The "Wrecking Ball" singer is currently on her "Bangerz" tour. She was most recently seen enjoying some Japanese food with Emma Roberts on Wednesday, March 26 in Studio City, Calif. A source told E! News that the twosome "came in around 7 P.M. and sat outside on the patio." The source added that the stars were "with two other girlfriends and stayed for a few hours" before leaving the restaurant.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic
- Selena Gomez Spotted Lip Syncing to The Weeknd's Songs at His Show in Toronto
- Orlando Bloom's Naked Photo Is Spread All Over Hollywood
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala