College to Offer a Class on Miley Cyrus
Skidmore College which is located in Saratoga Springs, New York is going to offer a class on Miley Cyrus this summer. The course will be called "The Sociology of Miley Cyrus: Race, Class, Gender and Media" and will center on the twerking singer. Some topics which will be discussed include gender, race, class, fame and power.
"Unfortunately, the way we talk about female pop stars and female bodies, class matters, gender matters, sexuality and sexual performance matters, but race matters a lot [too] and the way we talk about white pop stars is quite different than how we talk about the bodies of women of color," Professor Carolyn Chernoff said of the class, as reported by ABC News. "[Cyrus] complicates representations of the female body in pop culture in some ways that are good, bad, and ugly."
The Saratogian newspaper additionally reported that there would be no twerking during the course. "Sorry, dudes, but this is sociology. Learn to twerk on your own time," Chernoff was quoted as saying.
The "Wrecking Ball" singer is currently on her "Bangerz" tour. She was most recently seen enjoying some Japanese food with Emma Roberts on Wednesday, March 26 in Studio City, Calif. A source told E! News that the twosome "came in around 7 P.M. and sat outside on the patio." The source added that the stars were "with two other girlfriends and stayed for a few hours" before leaving the restaurant.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes