College to Offer a Class on Miley Cyrus
Skidmore College which is located in Saratoga Springs, New York is going to offer a class on Miley Cyrus this summer. The course will be called "The Sociology of Miley Cyrus: Race, Class, Gender and Media" and will center on the twerking singer. Some topics which will be discussed include gender, race, class, fame and power.
"Unfortunately, the way we talk about female pop stars and female bodies, class matters, gender matters, sexuality and sexual performance matters, but race matters a lot [too] and the way we talk about white pop stars is quite different than how we talk about the bodies of women of color," Professor Carolyn Chernoff said of the class, as reported by ABC News. "[Cyrus] complicates representations of the female body in pop culture in some ways that are good, bad, and ugly."
The Saratogian newspaper additionally reported that there would be no twerking during the course. "Sorry, dudes, but this is sociology. Learn to twerk on your own time," Chernoff was quoted as saying.
The "Wrecking Ball" singer is currently on her "Bangerz" tour. She was most recently seen enjoying some Japanese food with Emma Roberts on Wednesday, March 26 in Studio City, Calif. A source told E! News that the twosome "came in around 7 P.M. and sat outside on the patio." The source added that the stars were "with two other girlfriends and stayed for a few hours" before leaving the restaurant.
More Miley Cyrus News
- 'American Horror Story': Ryan Murphy Shares Photo of 'Cult' Member. Is It Evan Peters?
- Secretly Married? Liam Payne Calls Cheryl His 'Wife' in New Interview
- Comic-Con: 'Ready Player One' First Footage Introduces Stepen Spielberg's VR Dystopia
- 'Psychopath' Sulli Gets Blasted for Biting Her Cat
- New Romance? Shirtless Justin Bieber Enjoys Romantic Hike With This Model
- Comic-Con: 'Westworld' Season 2 Trailer Is Violence Galore
- Pics: Emily Ratajkowski Goes Topless, Parades Impressive Bum in Thong Bikini
- Song Joong Ki Reveals He Told Song Hye Kyo to Announce Their Wedding Due to Groundless Rumors