College to Offer a Class on Miley Cyrus
Skidmore College which is located in Saratoga Springs, New York is going to offer a class on Miley Cyrus this summer. The course will be called "The Sociology of Miley Cyrus: Race, Class, Gender and Media" and will center on the twerking singer. Some topics which will be discussed include gender, race, class, fame and power.
"Unfortunately, the way we talk about female pop stars and female bodies, class matters, gender matters, sexuality and sexual performance matters, but race matters a lot [too] and the way we talk about white pop stars is quite different than how we talk about the bodies of women of color," Professor Carolyn Chernoff said of the class, as reported by ABC News. "[Cyrus] complicates representations of the female body in pop culture in some ways that are good, bad, and ugly."
The Saratogian newspaper additionally reported that there would be no twerking during the course. "Sorry, dudes, but this is sociology. Learn to twerk on your own time," Chernoff was quoted as saying.
The "Wrecking Ball" singer is currently on her "Bangerz" tour. She was most recently seen enjoying some Japanese food with Emma Roberts on Wednesday, March 26 in Studio City, Calif. A source told E! News that the twosome "came in around 7 P.M. and sat outside on the patio." The source added that the stars were "with two other girlfriends and stayed for a few hours" before leaving the restaurant.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Nathan Keyes to Play Justin Timberlake in Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris