Samuel L. Jackson Says He Will Return for 'The Incredibles 2'
Samuel L. Jackson says he got news from director Brad Bird that he will be brought back for "The Incredibles 2." The actor is expected to reprise his role as Frozone in the sequel. "Every time I run into Brad, he always tells me Frozone is part of what's going on, so I have to believe that," he told Digital Spy.
"I guess they could be The Incredibles without Frozone," said the Nick Fury of Marvel movies, "but I think Frozone would be a wonderful, wonderful additions to what's already there."
Aside from looking forward to voicing the character who has the ability to manipulate water molecule in the air and freeze it, Jackson also cannot wait to see the transformation of baby Jack-Jack Parr. "I'm just excited to see what Jack-Jack turned into," he said.
The sequel to 2004's "The Incredibles" was announced by Disney's CEO Bob Iger earlier this month during a shareholder meeting in Portland, Ore.
The original movie which centered on a family of superheroes was supported by Craig T. Nelson, Holly Hunter, Spencer Fox, and Sarah Vowell as the voice cast. It was a commercial and critical success, collecting over $631 million worldwide and pocketing various coveted awards including two Oscars. The film is planned for a 3D re-release along with "Ratatouille".
Jackson will next reprise his role as S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent in the upcoming "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" due April 4 in the U.S. and then appear in "Avengers: Age of Ultron" in a reduced role. Bird, meanwhile, is finishing the Mouse House's live action "Tomorrowland", starring George Clooney, which is slated for a May 22, 2015 release.
- Watch: John Legend Surprises London Commuters With Mini-Concert at Train Station
- Rob Kardashian Hints at Wanting More Kids as He's Gearing Up for Baby Dream's First Birthday
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Are Still Dating, Despite Breakup Reports
- Chris Pine Shaves His Head Bald. Find Out How 'Homeland' Inspired His New Look
- Tyga Threatens to Sue Blac Chyna for Defamation After Snapchat Rant
- 'DWTS' Pro Cheryl Burke Is on Board for 'Dance Moms' Following Abby Lee Miller's Dramatic Exit
- Ben Affleck Looks in Good Spirits While Making First Public Appearance Since Rehab
- Lana Del Rey Announces New Album 'Lust for Life' With Eerie Trailer