Samuel L. Jackson Says He Will Return for 'The Incredibles 2'
Samuel L. Jackson says he got news from director Brad Bird that he will be brought back for "The Incredibles 2." The actor is expected to reprise his role as Frozone in the sequel. "Every time I run into Brad, he always tells me Frozone is part of what's going on, so I have to believe that," he told Digital Spy.
"I guess they could be The Incredibles without Frozone," said the Nick Fury of Marvel movies, "but I think Frozone would be a wonderful, wonderful additions to what's already there."
Aside from looking forward to voicing the character who has the ability to manipulate water molecule in the air and freeze it, Jackson also cannot wait to see the transformation of baby Jack-Jack Parr. "I'm just excited to see what Jack-Jack turned into," he said.
The sequel to 2004's "The Incredibles" was announced by Disney's CEO Bob Iger earlier this month during a shareholder meeting in Portland, Ore.
The original movie which centered on a family of superheroes was supported by Craig T. Nelson, Holly Hunter, Spencer Fox, and Sarah Vowell as the voice cast. It was a commercial and critical success, collecting over $631 million worldwide and pocketing various coveted awards including two Oscars. The film is planned for a 3D re-release along with "Ratatouille".
Jackson will next reprise his role as S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent in the upcoming "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" due April 4 in the U.S. and then appear in "Avengers: Age of Ultron" in a reduced role. Bird, meanwhile, is finishing the Mouse House's live action "Tomorrowland", starring George Clooney, which is slated for a May 22, 2015 release.
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune
- 'Alita: Battle Angel' Casts 'Nashville' Actor in Key Role
- Daniel Radcliffe Reveals the Outrageous Advice Donald Trump Gave Him When They First Met
- Is Brad Pitt the Real Reason Selena Gomez Checks Into Rehab?
- Listen to Major Lazer and Showtek's New Collab 'Believer'
- Angelina Jolie Eyed for War Drama 'Shoot Like a Girl'
- 'Archer' Creator Plans Show's Ending After Season 10
- Hugh Hefner Makes Fun of Death Rumors: Tabloids Should've Told Me That I'm Sick