Samuel L. Jackson Says He Will Return for 'The Incredibles 2'
Samuel L. Jackson says he got news from director Brad Bird that he will be brought back for "The Incredibles 2." The actor is expected to reprise his role as Frozone in the sequel. "Every time I run into Brad, he always tells me Frozone is part of what's going on, so I have to believe that," he told Digital Spy.
"I guess they could be The Incredibles without Frozone," said the Nick Fury of Marvel movies, "but I think Frozone would be a wonderful, wonderful additions to what's already there."
Aside from looking forward to voicing the character who has the ability to manipulate water molecule in the air and freeze it, Jackson also cannot wait to see the transformation of baby Jack-Jack Parr. "I'm just excited to see what Jack-Jack turned into," he said.
The sequel to 2004's "The Incredibles" was announced by Disney's CEO Bob Iger earlier this month during a shareholder meeting in Portland, Ore.
The original movie which centered on a family of superheroes was supported by Craig T. Nelson, Holly Hunter, Spencer Fox, and Sarah Vowell as the voice cast. It was a commercial and critical success, collecting over $631 million worldwide and pocketing various coveted awards including two Oscars. The film is planned for a 3D re-release along with "Ratatouille".
Jackson will next reprise his role as S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent in the upcoming "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" due April 4 in the U.S. and then appear in "Avengers: Age of Ultron" in a reduced role. Bird, meanwhile, is finishing the Mouse House's live action "Tomorrowland", starring George Clooney, which is slated for a May 22, 2015 release.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed