Pharrell Williams Announces Collaboration With Adidas
After announcing partnership with a Japanese fashion brand earlier this month, Pharrell Williams confirms that he is collaborating with Adidas. The "Happy" singer's long term partnership with the company was announced on Thursday, March 27 via a statement and a YouTube clip.
"Working with a brand like Adidas is such an incredible opportunity," Williams said. "From the classic track suit to growing up in Virginia wearing Stan Smiths [sneakers], Adidas has been a staple in my life. Their pieces are timeless. This is an exciting partnership for both me and Bionic Yarn." Williams' Bionic Yarn recycles plastic into wearable materials.
"I am truly thrilled to work with Pharrell," Dirk Schonberger, global creative director for Adidas Sport Style, added. "I am truly thrilled to work with Pharrell. He is a pop culture icon that never fails to inspire, not just through his musical talent and craft, but through his many other interests. He is the perfect fit for the multifaceted company that is Adidas." Products from the duo's collaboration are set to debut in summer.
Earlier this month, the Grammy-winning producer announced that he worked with Comme de Garcons for a unisex fragrance called "Girl". "I am so honored to be working with Comme des Garcons and cherish the education that I've experienced in this collaboration," Williams said in a statement. The fragrance will be available in September.
More Pharrell Williams News
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna