Pharrell Williams Announces Collaboration With Adidas
After announcing partnership with a Japanese fashion brand earlier this month, Pharrell Williams confirms that he is collaborating with Adidas. The "Happy" singer's long term partnership with the company was announced on Thursday, March 27 via a statement and a YouTube clip.
"Working with a brand like Adidas is such an incredible opportunity," Williams said. "From the classic track suit to growing up in Virginia wearing Stan Smiths [sneakers], Adidas has been a staple in my life. Their pieces are timeless. This is an exciting partnership for both me and Bionic Yarn." Williams' Bionic Yarn recycles plastic into wearable materials.
"I am truly thrilled to work with Pharrell," Dirk Schonberger, global creative director for Adidas Sport Style, added. "I am truly thrilled to work with Pharrell. He is a pop culture icon that never fails to inspire, not just through his musical talent and craft, but through his many other interests. He is the perfect fit for the multifaceted company that is Adidas." Products from the duo's collaboration are set to debut in summer.
Earlier this month, the Grammy-winning producer announced that he worked with Comme de Garcons for a unisex fragrance called "Girl". "I am so honored to be working with Comme des Garcons and cherish the education that I've experienced in this collaboration," Williams said in a statement. The fragrance will be available in September.
More Pharrell Williams News
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift