Pharrell Williams Announces Collaboration With Adidas
After announcing partnership with a Japanese fashion brand earlier this month, Pharrell Williams confirms that he is collaborating with Adidas. The "Happy" singer's long term partnership with the company was announced on Thursday, March 27 via a statement and a YouTube clip.
"Working with a brand like Adidas is such an incredible opportunity," Williams said. "From the classic track suit to growing up in Virginia wearing Stan Smiths [sneakers], Adidas has been a staple in my life. Their pieces are timeless. This is an exciting partnership for both me and Bionic Yarn." Williams' Bionic Yarn recycles plastic into wearable materials.
"I am truly thrilled to work with Pharrell," Dirk Schonberger, global creative director for Adidas Sport Style, added. "I am truly thrilled to work with Pharrell. He is a pop culture icon that never fails to inspire, not just through his musical talent and craft, but through his many other interests. He is the perfect fit for the multifaceted company that is Adidas." Products from the duo's collaboration are set to debut in summer.
Earlier this month, the Grammy-winning producer announced that he worked with Comme de Garcons for a unisex fragrance called "Girl". "I am so honored to be working with Comme des Garcons and cherish the education that I've experienced in this collaboration," Williams said in a statement. The fragrance will be available in September.
More Pharrell Williams News
- Marriage on the Rocks? Hugh Jackman and Deborra-Lee Furness Are Living 'Separate Lives'
- Oscars 2017: 'Zootopia' Is Best Animated Feature, 'Hacksaw Ridge' Already Wins Two
- Oscars 2017: Lin-Manuel Miranda Cries Over Surprise 'Moana' Mash-Up Cover by 'Hamilton' Cast
- 'Aliens' Actor Bill Paxton Dies at 61, Celebs Pay Tribute on Twitter
- Oscars 2017: Justin Timberlake Gets the Party Started With Lively Performance
- Does Caitlyn Jenner Have a New Girlfriend?
- Oscars 2017: Justin Timberlake Photobombs Jessica Biel and Emma Stone
- Oscars 2017: Viola Davis Wins Best Supporting Actress