Joe Manganiello on 'Magic Mike 2': It's Gonna Happen This Fall
Cameras are expected to start rolling on "Magic Mike 2" this fall. Joe Manganiello reveals the start date to Collider during a press tour for his new movie "Sabotage", "Yeah, it's gonna happen this fall. I think they're going to announce it soon."
"It's crazy. I didn't think that would be my first franchise. I never thought that would ever be the direction of my career. But that said, it's just proof that I don't know best, all the time. It was the most fun I've ever had, and I can't wait to get back in and mix it up with those guys."
Channing Tatum is involved in the script writing. "It will be a road-trip movie, and it will essentially be the movie that everyone thought the first one was going to be: crazy and fun and less slice-of-life and less drama," he once said. "The first one, we had to make not so cheesy and campy; this one we are going to swing for the fences."
The first film released in 2012 was loosely based on Tatum's experience as a teen male stripper. It starred such hunks as Alex Pettyfer, Matthew McConaughey, and Matthew Bomer, in addition to Tatum and Manganiello. It bagged $167 million worldwide against a budget of only $7 million.
More Magic Mike XXL News
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory