Joe Manganiello on 'Magic Mike 2': It's Gonna Happen This Fall
Cameras are expected to start rolling on "Magic Mike 2" this fall. Joe Manganiello reveals the start date to Collider during a press tour for his new movie "Sabotage", "Yeah, it's gonna happen this fall. I think they're going to announce it soon."
"It's crazy. I didn't think that would be my first franchise. I never thought that would ever be the direction of my career. But that said, it's just proof that I don't know best, all the time. It was the most fun I've ever had, and I can't wait to get back in and mix it up with those guys."
Channing Tatum is involved in the script writing. "It will be a road-trip movie, and it will essentially be the movie that everyone thought the first one was going to be: crazy and fun and less slice-of-life and less drama," he once said. "The first one, we had to make not so cheesy and campy; this one we are going to swing for the fences."
The first film released in 2012 was loosely based on Tatum's experience as a teen male stripper. It starred such hunks as Alex Pettyfer, Matthew McConaughey, and Matthew Bomer, in addition to Tatum and Manganiello. It bagged $167 million worldwide against a budget of only $7 million.
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role