Christian Slater's 'Mind Games' Canceled by ABC
Another of Christian Slater's TV shows is doomed. ABC has yanked freshman drama "Mind Games" off its schedule after just five episodes following soft ratings, with the last episode averaging only 2 million viewers and a 0.7 rating among adults 18-49.
Repeats of new drama "Resurrection" will air in place of the canceled series on Tuesday at 10 P.M. for two weeks, before "Celebrity Wife Swap" takes over the slot starting April 15. Previously, "Lucky 7" and "Killer Women" which aired on the same time slot got axed after short runs too.
The cancellation marks Slater's fourth short-lived show in recent years. His 2008 "My Own Worst Enemy" on NBC ended after just 9 episodes, while "The Forgotten" which debuted on ABC the following year could not last beyond its first season of 17 episodes.
"Breaking In", meanwhile, got canceled by FOX in May 2011 after one season, but the network ordered the second season months later. The show, however, never got a third season order.
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'
- Goo Hara Is Accused of Smoking Marijuana After Posting a Photo of Hand-Rolled Cigarette
- Chrissy Teigen Is Blocked by Donald Trump After Posting This on Twitter
- Rick Ross Won't Sign Female Rapper to His Label as He Will 'End Up F**king' Her
- Amber Rose Reveals Kanye West Almost Caused Her to Commit Suicide After Their Breakup
- Full-Length Trailer for 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind' Re-Release Unleashed