Christian Slater's 'Mind Games' Canceled by ABC
Another of Christian Slater's TV shows is doomed. ABC has yanked freshman drama "Mind Games" off its schedule after just five episodes following soft ratings, with the last episode averaging only 2 million viewers and a 0.7 rating among adults 18-49.
Repeats of new drama "Resurrection" will air in place of the canceled series on Tuesday at 10 P.M. for two weeks, before "Celebrity Wife Swap" takes over the slot starting April 15. Previously, "Lucky 7" and "Killer Women" which aired on the same time slot got axed after short runs too.
The cancellation marks Slater's fourth short-lived show in recent years. His 2008 "My Own Worst Enemy" on NBC ended after just 9 episodes, while "The Forgotten" which debuted on ABC the following year could not last beyond its first season of 17 episodes.
"Breaking In", meanwhile, got canceled by FOX in May 2011 after one season, but the network ordered the second season months later. The show, however, never got a third season order.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked