Christian Slater's 'Mind Games' Canceled by ABC
Another of Christian Slater's TV shows is doomed. ABC has yanked freshman drama "Mind Games" off its schedule after just five episodes following soft ratings, with the last episode averaging only 2 million viewers and a 0.7 rating among adults 18-49.
Repeats of new drama "Resurrection" will air in place of the canceled series on Tuesday at 10 P.M. for two weeks, before "Celebrity Wife Swap" takes over the slot starting April 15. Previously, "Lucky 7" and "Killer Women" which aired on the same time slot got axed after short runs too.
The cancellation marks Slater's fourth short-lived show in recent years. His 2008 "My Own Worst Enemy" on NBC ended after just 9 episodes, while "The Forgotten" which debuted on ABC the following year could not last beyond its first season of 17 episodes.
"Breaking In", meanwhile, got canceled by FOX in May 2011 after one season, but the network ordered the second season months later. The show, however, never got a third season order.
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic