Lil Wayne's Manager: 'Tha Carter V' Not Arriving on May 5
During his show in New Orleans earlier this year, Drake announced that Lil Wayne's highly-anticipated "Tha Carter V" would be released on May 5. It turns out that fans will have to wait longer until the 31-year-old rapper's last solo record finally arrives.
Wayne's manager Cortez Bryant has confirmed the album's delay in a recent interview with NeverNotDope.com. When asked if the project would really hit the stores on May 5, he said "no" and continued, "You know I push dates back and s**t, so I'm not going to release that date until I really know when it really is."
Bryant then revealed what to expect from the album, saying that it's going to be "f**king amazing" and better than "Tha Carter III".
In addition to becoming Wayne's last studio effort, "Tha Carter V" serves as the final installment of the Carter series. "I personally plan on this being my final solo album, yes and it's definitely the final Carter album. It's stopping at five," he told MTV News last month.
After the long-awaited record arrives, Wayne will still make guest appearances in other rappers' project, but it will take "25 to 35 million" to convince him to do another solo album.
More Lil Wayne News
- Tarek and Christina El Moussa 'Desperately Trying' to Stay in the Limelight by Eying Solo Shows
- Kylie Jenner Goes Makeup Free During a Day Out With Tyga
- Listen to Lana Del Rey's Long-Awaited Dreamy Song 'Love'
- Liam Payne Is Doing Home Renovation Before Cheryl Gives Birth
- Britney Spears Bares Her Naked Body in NSFW Instagram Pic
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.11 Sneak Peeks: What Happens to Dwight After Daryl's Escape?
- Madonna's New Twins Singing 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star' Are Just Too Cute
- Report: Louis Tomlinson Rekindles Romance With Eleanor Calder Two Years After Split