Lil Wayne's Manager: 'Tha Carter V' Not Arriving on May 5
During his show in New Orleans earlier this year, Drake announced that Lil Wayne's highly-anticipated "Tha Carter V" would be released on May 5. It turns out that fans will have to wait longer until the 31-year-old rapper's last solo record finally arrives.
Wayne's manager Cortez Bryant has confirmed the album's delay in a recent interview with NeverNotDope.com. When asked if the project would really hit the stores on May 5, he said "no" and continued, "You know I push dates back and s**t, so I'm not going to release that date until I really know when it really is."
Bryant then revealed what to expect from the album, saying that it's going to be "f**king amazing" and better than "Tha Carter III".
In addition to becoming Wayne's last studio effort, "Tha Carter V" serves as the final installment of the Carter series. "I personally plan on this being my final solo album, yes and it's definitely the final Carter album. It's stopping at five," he told MTV News last month.
After the long-awaited record arrives, Wayne will still make guest appearances in other rappers' project, but it will take "25 to 35 million" to convince him to do another solo album.
More Lil Wayne News
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs