'American Idol' Results: Majesty Rose's 'Happy' Can't Save Her
After weeks of landing in the bottom 3, Majesty Rose could not dodge elimination on Thursday, March 27. She became the fifth finalist to be sent home from "American Idol" season 13 based on viewers' votes.
"I think America is really, really smart," Harry Connick Jr. commented before the eliminated singer was revealed. "All the voting is really performance-based.... It's all about what you did the night before."
Sam Woolf and C.J. Harris were the other two singers in jeopardy that night, but were still able to get through to the Top 8. Majesty sang Pharrell Williams' "Happy" for the save, giving her best for the performance and later holding back tears as she waited for the judges' verdict.
"Without a doubt, this has been the hardest deliberation for us," Keith Urban told Majesty the bad news. "We've got to agree and by a narrow, narrow margin, we're not going to use our save tonight."
Earlier in the results show, Janelle Monae catered the crowd with "What Is Love" from upcoming animated movie "Rio 2".
More American Idol News
- Is Katy Perry Romancing Calvin Harris to Get Back at Taylor Swift?
- Miley Cyrus Makes Liam Hemsworth Jealous Over Her Pampering Sessions With Pet Pig
- 'Bachelorette' Recap: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Help Test the Guys' Husband Skills
- John Boyega Shows Finn's New Weapon in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Bella Thorne Gets Cuddly With Ex Gregg Sulkin After Super Quick Fling With Scott Disick
- Kourtney Kardashian Ready to Introduce Younes Bendjima to Her Family
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' Is Not Hacked, Claims Disney CEO
- Niall Horan Pays Tribute to Manchester Bombing Victims, Makes 'On the Loose' TV Debut on 'Today'