'American Idol' Results: Majesty Rose's 'Happy' Can't Save Her
After weeks of landing in the bottom 3, Majesty Rose could not dodge elimination on Thursday, March 27. She became the fifth finalist to be sent home from "American Idol" season 13 based on viewers' votes.
"I think America is really, really smart," Harry Connick Jr. commented before the eliminated singer was revealed. "All the voting is really performance-based.... It's all about what you did the night before."
Sam Woolf and C.J. Harris were the other two singers in jeopardy that night, but were still able to get through to the Top 8. Majesty sang Pharrell Williams' "Happy" for the save, giving her best for the performance and later holding back tears as she waited for the judges' verdict.
"Without a doubt, this has been the hardest deliberation for us," Keith Urban told Majesty the bad news. "We've got to agree and by a narrow, narrow margin, we're not going to use our save tonight."
Earlier in the results show, Janelle Monae catered the crowd with "What Is Love" from upcoming animated movie "Rio 2".
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7
- 'Teen Wolf' Unveils Stiles' Unexpected Real Name
- Nelly vs. Drake: Twitter Debates Who's the Biggest Rapper
- Are Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman Hinting Pierce Brosnan Will Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'?
- Selena Gomez Gets Advice From Jennifer Aniston on The Weeknd Romance: Ignore the Haters
- Drew Barrymore Eats Humans in First 'Santa Clarita Diet' Trailer
- Bella Thorne Calls Tyler Posey an 'Angel' After His Alleged Nude Videos Leak