'American Idol' Results: Majesty Rose's 'Happy' Can't Save Her
After weeks of landing in the bottom 3, Majesty Rose could not dodge elimination on Thursday, March 27. She became the fifth finalist to be sent home from "American Idol" season 13 based on viewers' votes.
"I think America is really, really smart," Harry Connick Jr. commented before the eliminated singer was revealed. "All the voting is really performance-based.... It's all about what you did the night before."
Sam Woolf and C.J. Harris were the other two singers in jeopardy that night, but were still able to get through to the Top 8. Majesty sang Pharrell Williams' "Happy" for the save, giving her best for the performance and later holding back tears as she waited for the judges' verdict.
"Without a doubt, this has been the hardest deliberation for us," Keith Urban told Majesty the bad news. "We've got to agree and by a narrow, narrow margin, we're not going to use our save tonight."
Earlier in the results show, Janelle Monae catered the crowd with "What Is Love" from upcoming animated movie "Rio 2".
- Taylor Swift's Squad Reportedly Abandons Her After Her 'Embarrassing Feuds and Breakups'
- Watch Britney Spears' Performance at Apple Music Festival in London
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Eliminates Second Pair of Season 23
- Miley Cyrus Disses Mariah Carey, Says 'I've Never Really Been a Fan'
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Reveals How 'Mary Poppins Returns' Connects to Original Movie
- FKA twigs Ditches Her Engagement Ring When Arriving at LAX With Robert Pattinson
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Aren't Speaking, but Not Breaking Up
- NBC's 'This Is Us' Is the First Freshman to Get Full Season Order