Shia LaBeouf Drops Out of 'Rock the Kasbah'
Shia LaBeouf is no longer among the cast ensemble of "Rock the Kasbah", The Hollywood Reporter learns. The former "Transformers" actor, who was entangled in a plagiarism scandal early this year, left the all-star comedy which will be helmed by Oscar-winning director Barry Levinson.
The movie follows Richie Vance, a has-been rock manager who takes his last remaining client on a USO tour of Afghanistan. When he finds himself in Kabul, abandoned, penniless and without his passport, he discovers a young girl with an extraordinary voice and manages her through Afghanistan's version of "American Idol", the wildly popular "Afghan Star".
It has an A-list cast like Bill Murray, Bruce Willis, Kate Hudson, Danny McBride and Zooey Deschanel. LaBeouf was supposed to play part of a military duo with McBride as the other half. The reason of the ex-Disney star's exit is unknown, but rumor says it was an amicable parting.
LaBeouf was last seen in "Nymphomaniac", but the movie tanked. The sexually-charged drama which was released unrated after getting slapped with NC-17 rating from MPAA could only open to an estimated $175,000 from 22 locations for $7,000 per-location average. He will next appear in David Ayer's war film "Fury" along with Brad Pitt, Logan Lerman, and Michael Pena.
- Oscars 2017: Mahershala Ali, 'Suicide Squad' and 'Fantastic Beasts' Are First Winners
- Report: Britney Spears Is Expecting a Child With Sam Asghari
- New 'Iron Fist' Photos Show Danny Rand in Action, Actor Responds to White-Washing Controversy
- Report: Blac Chyna Is Pregnant With Rob Kardashian's Second Baby
- Future Scores Fourth No. 1 Album With 'Future' on Billboard 200
- Oscars 2017: Felicity Jones, Taraji P. Henson, Chrissy Teigen Stun on Red Carpet
- Selena Gomez Sweetly Calls The Weeknd 'Baby' on Instagram
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24