Shia LaBeouf Drops Out of 'Rock the Kasbah'
Shia LaBeouf is no longer among the cast ensemble of "Rock the Kasbah", The Hollywood Reporter learns. The former "Transformers" actor, who was entangled in a plagiarism scandal early this year, left the all-star comedy which will be helmed by Oscar-winning director Barry Levinson.
The movie follows Richie Vance, a has-been rock manager who takes his last remaining client on a USO tour of Afghanistan. When he finds himself in Kabul, abandoned, penniless and without his passport, he discovers a young girl with an extraordinary voice and manages her through Afghanistan's version of "American Idol", the wildly popular "Afghan Star".
It has an A-list cast like Bill Murray, Bruce Willis, Kate Hudson, Danny McBride and Zooey Deschanel. LaBeouf was supposed to play part of a military duo with McBride as the other half. The reason of the ex-Disney star's exit is unknown, but rumor says it was an amicable parting.
LaBeouf was last seen in "Nymphomaniac", but the movie tanked. The sexually-charged drama which was released unrated after getting slapped with NC-17 rating from MPAA could only open to an estimated $175,000 from 22 locations for $7,000 per-location average. He will next appear in David Ayer's war film "Fury" along with Brad Pitt, Logan Lerman, and Michael Pena.
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says