Mumford and Sons' Winston Marshall Jokes About Band's Split
Mumford & Sons' Winston Marshall said that his band, which took a break from music last year, had broken up. The banjo player made the shocking statement in an interview with Vulture at a "Mistaken for Strangers" after-party in New York City on Wednesday night, March 26.
"It's over," Marshall, who catered for the party, told the site of his band. "We had a good time, though, you know. It was good." He even talked about a reunion tour before revealing what he really thought about banjo. "F**k the banjo. I f**king hate the banjo," he added.
However, multiple representatives for the Grammy Award-winning band have confirmed that Marshall was not serious with his words. "I can confirm that he was joking," a rep told E! News. "The band has not broken up."
Mumford & Sons announced their hiatus back in September. At that time, keyboardist Ben Lovett explained that he and other members would "take a considerable amount of time off" to spend more times with their families.
"I don't think we've had, actually, much time in the process to be with other people and living a life outside of the band. I think that's what's in place at the moment: to do very little, especially when it comes to Mumford & Sons," Lovett added.
Earlier this year, frontman Marcus Mumford told a U.K. radio station that he liked to say that his band had broken up. "Everyone keeps asking if we've broken up as a band, which I love... So I keep saying 'yes,' and then we can have a big come back tour next year," he joked.
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'