Mumford and Sons' Winston Marshall Jokes About Band's Split
Mumford & Sons' Winston Marshall said that his band, which took a break from music last year, had broken up. The banjo player made the shocking statement in an interview with Vulture at a "Mistaken for Strangers" after-party in New York City on Wednesday night, March 26.
"It's over," Marshall, who catered for the party, told the site of his band. "We had a good time, though, you know. It was good." He even talked about a reunion tour before revealing what he really thought about banjo. "F**k the banjo. I f**king hate the banjo," he added.
However, multiple representatives for the Grammy Award-winning band have confirmed that Marshall was not serious with his words. "I can confirm that he was joking," a rep told E! News. "The band has not broken up."
Mumford & Sons announced their hiatus back in September. At that time, keyboardist Ben Lovett explained that he and other members would "take a considerable amount of time off" to spend more times with their families.
"I don't think we've had, actually, much time in the process to be with other people and living a life outside of the band. I think that's what's in place at the moment: to do very little, especially when it comes to Mumford & Sons," Lovett added.
Earlier this year, frontman Marcus Mumford told a U.K. radio station that he liked to say that his band had broken up. "Everyone keeps asking if we've broken up as a band, which I love... So I keep saying 'yes,' and then we can have a big come back tour next year," he joked.
More Mumford & Sons News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special