Mumford and Sons' Winston Marshall Jokes About Band's Split
Mumford & Sons' Winston Marshall said that his band, which took a break from music last year, had broken up. The banjo player made the shocking statement in an interview with Vulture at a "Mistaken for Strangers" after-party in New York City on Wednesday night, March 26.
"It's over," Marshall, who catered for the party, told the site of his band. "We had a good time, though, you know. It was good." He even talked about a reunion tour before revealing what he really thought about banjo. "F**k the banjo. I f**king hate the banjo," he added.
However, multiple representatives for the Grammy Award-winning band have confirmed that Marshall was not serious with his words. "I can confirm that he was joking," a rep told E! News. "The band has not broken up."
Mumford & Sons announced their hiatus back in September. At that time, keyboardist Ben Lovett explained that he and other members would "take a considerable amount of time off" to spend more times with their families.
"I don't think we've had, actually, much time in the process to be with other people and living a life outside of the band. I think that's what's in place at the moment: to do very little, especially when it comes to Mumford & Sons," Lovett added.
Earlier this year, frontman Marcus Mumford told a U.K. radio station that he liked to say that his band had broken up. "Everyone keeps asking if we've broken up as a band, which I love... So I keep saying 'yes,' and then we can have a big come back tour next year," he joked.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce