Cameron Diaz: Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin Are 'Doing Great' After Split Announcement
Cameron Diaz talked about her friend Gwyneth Paltrow in an interview with E! News at the CinemaCon in Las Vegas on Thursday, March 27. According to the "Charlie's Angels" star, her friend was "doing great" after she and her husband Chris Martin announced their separation earlier this week. "They're doing great," Diaz said.
"For both Chris and Gwyneth, I mean they worked really hard," Diaz continued. "People want them to blow up and it to be ugly, but they're kind, generous, loving people who really care about one another. Just because they don't want to be a couple together, doesn't mean that they have to hate one another. They are really good friends."
"They've made a conscious effort to separate the part of their lives they don't want to live together anymore, and maintain a really beautiful, strong bond as parents and as friends... I think people should really honor that and they should admire it and they should respect it. They've done something really extraordinary, and they've been very brave at presenting that to the public," the "Gangs of New York" star added.
The Coldplay frontman's father Anthony Martin also said similar thing about the couple. Speaking to U.K.'s Mirror at his home, the former accountant said that his son and Paltrow were "still great mates." Calling the separation "sad and upsetting," Martin continued, "If you are married you know you have good days and bad days. We all have our ups and downs. It is sad because there are our two grandchildren. But it is all very amicable between them."
When asked about Paltrow's alleged affair, the 72-year-old Martin said, "I don't know anything about that," adding that "it's all in the statement." He concluded, "I am very proud of what they have achieved in their lives."
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Seen for the First Time Since Military Enlistment - See the Pic
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Her Bum in Thong Bikini - See the Racy Pic
- Lily Collins Shares Cute Throwback Pic and Fans Just Can't Handle It
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 12 First Look: Tyra Banks Makes Debut as New Host
- PSY Proves He Hasn't Changed at All as He Shares Funny Childhood Photo
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Ample Cleavage as She Cuddles Up to Bryan Tanaka
- Paris Hilton Gushes Over Romance With Chris Zylka: 'I'm in a Serious Relationship'
- 'The Emoji Movie' Defeats 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in Social Media Buzz