Lorde's Boyfriend Opens Up About Their Relationship and Being Cyber-Bullied
Lorde's boyfriend James Lowe revealed a lot about himself and what it's like to be in relationship with one of the most popular singers in the world. In a blog post, the 24-year-old photographer addressed the cyber-bullying that they experienced regarding his look and ethnicity when he was first revealed as her boyfriend.
"I've written, deleted, re-written, and deleted this post at least five times over the past few months, wondering when would be an appropriate time to start writing again," Lowe wrote. "...Now, however - having experienced how wrong taking the silent seat can go - I'd rather clear the air about a lot of misconceptions out there. To challenge the voices of ignorant writers who cower behind their anonymous comments."
"Since originally sitting down to write this post, Ella has become a two-time Grammy winner," he continued, calling Lorde by her real name. "She has taken home a Brit too. Currently she is on the opposite side of the world on tour. As much as I miss her, I couldn't be prouder of what she has achieved so far."
On what changed after her fame, Lowe said, "My life is probably a lot different now, but it feels normal on the inside. ...Jared Leto said that fame doesn't change you, it changes everyone around you. While I'm not the centre of attention here (and f**k, the times I have, it's never been fun), I do become aware of the people around me and their transparency."
"They fail to hide it. I've experienced being a target of the tabloids, finding moments I thought I was in safe hands splattered all over the internet, being pushed and shoved, or watching others get pushed and shoved by paparazzi just to get what they think they're entitled to." Yet, he experienced good things too.
"There is a bright, shining silver lining to this thing I've been exposed to," he wrote. "I've been able to tell tales of the many amazing people I've met along the way - from fellow photographers, to artists I've always admired and never thought I'd get to meet, let alone have a simple thing like coffee with."
And he credited his "Royals" singer girlfriend for them. "More importantly, I've found a little inspiration from new faces," he added. "People I look up to. People whose work I admire so much. For all of this I have to thank the one I look up to the most. Who I admire the most. Who still fills the little voids I try to avoid."
More Lorde News
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist