'Indiana Jones' Producer Slams 'Ridiculous Rumors' About Fifth Film
Reports emerged earlier this week that Bradley Cooper was being considered as the new Indiana Jones. While no official statement has confirmed or denied the casting news, a source has poured cold water on the possibility of Cooper playing the whip-wielding adventurer in "Indiana Jones V".
A source close to the production told Huffington Post that Cooper was not under consideration and there were no plans to reboot the franchise with another actor. "Indiana Jones" producer Frank Marshall has tweeted following the casting rumor but did not give a specific information about Cooper.
"Due to the ridiculous rumors that keep popping up, like agents pipe dreams, I will stop commenting on our projects until I have real news," he wrote on Thursday, March 27. He added jokingly a few hours later, "I can only confirm that Katy Perry will NOT be the new Indiana Jones."
If the source were true, then Harrison Ford may still be Indiana Jones. Ford, who will turn 72 in July, said last year that he was still able to portray the character. "We've seen the character develop and grow over a period of time and it's perfectly appropriate and okay for him to come back again with a great movie around him where he doesn't necessarily have to kick as much ass," the actor told The Telegraph.
However, Latino Review reported that Ford becoming the star had been rejected. The studios allegedly plan to hire a younger actor to play the role and gear up a new trilogy should "Indiana Jones V" stop in track.
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo