'Indiana Jones' Producer Slams 'Ridiculous Rumors' About Fifth Film
Reports emerged earlier this week that Bradley Cooper was being considered as the new Indiana Jones. While no official statement has confirmed or denied the casting news, a source has poured cold water on the possibility of Cooper playing the whip-wielding adventurer in "Indiana Jones V".
A source close to the production told Huffington Post that Cooper was not under consideration and there were no plans to reboot the franchise with another actor. "Indiana Jones" producer Frank Marshall has tweeted following the casting rumor but did not give a specific information about Cooper.
"Due to the ridiculous rumors that keep popping up, like agents pipe dreams, I will stop commenting on our projects until I have real news," he wrote on Thursday, March 27. He added jokingly a few hours later, "I can only confirm that Katy Perry will NOT be the new Indiana Jones."
If the source were true, then Harrison Ford may still be Indiana Jones. Ford, who will turn 72 in July, said last year that he was still able to portray the character. "We've seen the character develop and grow over a period of time and it's perfectly appropriate and okay for him to come back again with a great movie around him where he doesn't necessarily have to kick as much ass," the actor told The Telegraph.
However, Latino Review reported that Ford becoming the star had been rejected. The studios allegedly plan to hire a younger actor to play the role and gear up a new trilogy should "Indiana Jones V" stop in track.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked