Fleetwood Mac Announces Tour With Rejoining Member Christine McVie
Fleetwood Mac is now complete again. Christine McVie, who left the rock band 16 years ago, together with her ex-husband John McVie, Mick Fleetwood, Lindsay Buckingham and Stevie Nicks appeared on "Today" on Thursday, March 27 to officially announce her return.
"We're thrilled," Fleetwood told People in a statement. "She's just the dearest of friends and we've remained that way always. We've always missed Chris. To have a key, key member return to the fold is huge. It's really not happened, to my knowledge in any shape or form, on this level."
McVie added, "I honestly could never in my wildest dreams have thought I could return to the band. It's just a dream come true. I go to bed going, 'This is so great. This is what I've been yearning for all these years and I didn't know it.' We're family. We're very lucky."
To Rolling Stone, the 70-year-old singer revealed the reason she left in the first place. "I had some deluded idea that I wanted to live the 'country lady' life," she said. "But I went through a divorce and I felt isolated in the country. I grew quite ill and depressed." And she told Buckingham "who wanted to make sure she grasped the weight of would it would entail. She also had to understand that if she was coming back that, basically, she has to stay. She wants to do it."
They newly reformed band would embark on a North American tour this fall and might release a new album "down the road," McVie said. The 34-date/33-city trek, dubbed "On With The Show Tour", will be kicked off September 30 in Minneapolis. Tickets will go on sale at the end of this month.
On With the Show Tour Dates:
- Sept. 30 -- Minneapolis, MN (Target Center)
- Oct. 2 -- Chicago, IL (United Center)
- Oct. 6 -- New York City (Madison Square Garden)
- Oct. 10 -- Boston, MA (TD Garden)
- Oct. 11 -- Newark, NJ (Prudential Center)
- Oct. 14 -- Pittsburgh, PA (Consol Energy Center)
- Oct. 15 -- Philadelphia, PA (Wells Fargo Center)
- Oct. 18 -- Toronto, ON (Air Canada Centre)
- Oct. 19 -- Columbus, OH (Nationwide Arena)
- Oct. 21 -- Indianapolis, IN (Bankers Life Fieldhouse)
- Oct. 22 -- Detroit, MI (The Palace of Auburn Hills)
- Oct. 26 -- Ottawa, ON (Canadian Tire Centre)
- Oct. 31 -- Washington, DC (Verizon Center)
- Nov. 1 -- Hartford, CT (XL Center)
- Nov. 10 -- Winnipeg, MB (MTS Centre)
- Nov. 12 -- Saskatoon, SK (Credit Union Centre)
- Nov. 14 -- Calgary, AB (Scotiabank Saddledome)
- Nov. 15 -- Edmonton, AB (Rexall Place)
- Nov. 18 -- Vancouver, BC (Rogers Arena)
- Nov. 20 -- Tacoma, WA (Tacoma Dome)
- Nov. 22 -- Portland, OR (Moda Center)
- Nov. 24 -- Sacramento, CA (Sleep Train Arena)
- Nov. 25 -- San Jose, CA (SAP Center at San Jose)
- Nov. 28 -- Los Angeles, CA (The Forum)
- Nov. 29 -- Los Angeles, CA (The Forum)
- Dec. 2 -- San Diego, CA (Viejas Arena at San Diego State University)
- Dec. 3 -- Oakland, CA (Oracle Arena)
- Dec. 10 -- Phoenix, AZ (US Airways Center)
- Dec. 12 -- Denver, CO (Pepsi Center)
- Dec. 14 -- Dallas, TX (American Airlines Center)
- Dec. 15 -- Houston, TX (Toyota Center)
- Dec. 17 -- Atlanta, GA (Philips Arena)
- Dec. 19 -- Ft. Lauderdale, FL (BB&T Center)
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers