Chief Keef Questioned by Police Following Shooting Incident in Illinois
Rapper Chief Keef was caught up in a shooting incident which took place at a house in Northfield, near Chicago, on early Wednesday, March 25. According to Keef's camp, the rapper was not involved in the incident and he simply happened to be at the scene.
As reported by Chicago Tribune, Keef's lawyer Leah Starkman said that Keef was a passenger in a car which dropped the victim off NorthShore Skokie Hospital. The victim reportedly was in stable condition.
The 18-year-old rapper was being questioned by the police investigating the shooting, but he did not know anything. "He wasn't even a witness. He didn't see anything," Starkman shared. She added that the victim was "some sort of acquaintance."
Viktor Mehta, the owner of the house, said that he received a call from the police who told him about the shooting on Wednesday morning. Mehta explained that the house had been rented by Keef's manager for about a year, where he lives with his family.
"The shooting appears to be an isolated incident and we believe the community is safe," a spokesperson for the Northfield Police Department said. The police did not release more info regarding the incident.
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist