Chief Keef Questioned by Police Following Shooting Incident in Illinois
Rapper Chief Keef was caught up in a shooting incident which took place at a house in Northfield, near Chicago, on early Wednesday, March 25. According to Keef's camp, the rapper was not involved in the incident and he simply happened to be at the scene.
As reported by Chicago Tribune, Keef's lawyer Leah Starkman said that Keef was a passenger in a car which dropped the victim off NorthShore Skokie Hospital. The victim reportedly was in stable condition.
The 18-year-old rapper was being questioned by the police investigating the shooting, but he did not know anything. "He wasn't even a witness. He didn't see anything," Starkman shared. She added that the victim was "some sort of acquaintance."
Viktor Mehta, the owner of the house, said that he received a call from the police who told him about the shooting on Wednesday morning. Mehta explained that the house had been rented by Keef's manager for about a year, where he lives with his family.
"The shooting appears to be an isolated incident and we believe the community is safe," a spokesperson for the Northfield Police Department said. The police did not release more info regarding the incident.
More Chief Keef News
- Florida Georgia Line to Perform With The Chainsmokers at the 2017 CMT Music Awards
- Scott Disick Can't Keep His Hands Off Bella Thorne During Intimate Vacation in Cannes
- Ellen DeGeneres to Make Stand-Up Return in Netflix Comedy Special
- Bella Hadid Turns Heads in Daring Dress as She Debuts Short Bangs at Perfume Launch in Italy
- 'Top Gun 2' May Be Directed by Joseph Kosinski, Val Kilmer May Return
- Ariana Grande Postpones European Tour Through June 5 After Manchester Bombing
- A Hero Returns in Darkness in Netflix's 'Castlevania' First Teaser
- Bikini-Clad Ariel Winter Flashes Her Butt as She Kisses Beau Levi Meaden in PDA-Filled Pic