'Tom Raider' Scribes to Write 'Young Merlin' Movie for Disney
Disney has found writers for its Merlin project. The Hollywood Reporter learns that Patrick Massett and John Zinman ("Lara Croft: Tomb Raider") are picked to help pen the adaptation of "The Lost Years of Merlin", the young adult book series written by T.A. Barron.
Titled "Young Merlin", the movie will follow the man who will one day become the right hand of King Arthur. It will take place during the wizard's teen years when he embarked on many quests and learnt many lessons including how to temper his darker leanings.
Gil Netter ("Life of Pi", "The Blind Side") serves as a producer. No director and actor have been announced for the feature film.
There have been attempts to bring the story to the big screen before. Miramax developed it with Lorenzo di Bonaventura ("G.I. Joe", "Transformers") on board as producer, Simon Kinberg ("X-Men") once worked on it for Paramount, and more recently in 2011, Warner Bros. was developing a script with Donald De Line ("Green Lantern").
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie