'Tom Raider' Scribes to Write 'Young Merlin' Movie for Disney
Disney has found writers for its Merlin project. The Hollywood Reporter learns that Patrick Massett and John Zinman ("Lara Croft: Tomb Raider") are picked to help pen the adaptation of "The Lost Years of Merlin", the young adult book series written by T.A. Barron.
Titled "Young Merlin", the movie will follow the man who will one day become the right hand of King Arthur. It will take place during the wizard's teen years when he embarked on many quests and learnt many lessons including how to temper his darker leanings.
Gil Netter ("Life of Pi", "The Blind Side") serves as a producer. No director and actor have been announced for the feature film.
There have been attempts to bring the story to the big screen before. Miramax developed it with Lorenzo di Bonaventura ("G.I. Joe", "Transformers") on board as producer, Simon Kinberg ("X-Men") once worked on it for Paramount, and more recently in 2011, Warner Bros. was developing a script with Donald De Line ("Green Lantern").
- Katy Perry Is the Most-Followed Person on Twitter With Record-Breaking 90 Million Followers
- Here's Nick Young's Response to Iggy Azalea's Cheating Claims
- First Image From 'Ash vs. Evil Dead' Season 2 Reveals Surprising New Ally
- Drake Caught Leaving Rihanna's Hotel Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Lady GaGa Is Finally a Licensed Driver
- Check Out the New Drift in 'Transformers: The Last Knight'
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?