'Tom Raider' Scribes to Write 'Young Merlin' Movie for Disney
Disney has found writers for its Merlin project. The Hollywood Reporter learns that Patrick Massett and John Zinman ("Lara Croft: Tomb Raider") are picked to help pen the adaptation of "The Lost Years of Merlin", the young adult book series written by T.A. Barron.
Titled "Young Merlin", the movie will follow the man who will one day become the right hand of King Arthur. It will take place during the wizard's teen years when he embarked on many quests and learnt many lessons including how to temper his darker leanings.
Gil Netter ("Life of Pi", "The Blind Side") serves as a producer. No director and actor have been announced for the feature film.
There have been attempts to bring the story to the big screen before. Miramax developed it with Lorenzo di Bonaventura ("G.I. Joe", "Transformers") on board as producer, Simon Kinberg ("X-Men") once worked on it for Paramount, and more recently in 2011, Warner Bros. was developing a script with Donald De Line ("Green Lantern").
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor