'Tom Raider' Scribes to Write 'Young Merlin' Movie for Disney
Disney has found writers for its Merlin project. The Hollywood Reporter learns that Patrick Massett and John Zinman ("Lara Croft: Tomb Raider") are picked to help pen the adaptation of "The Lost Years of Merlin", the young adult book series written by T.A. Barron.
Titled "Young Merlin", the movie will follow the man who will one day become the right hand of King Arthur. It will take place during the wizard's teen years when he embarked on many quests and learnt many lessons including how to temper his darker leanings.
Gil Netter ("Life of Pi", "The Blind Side") serves as a producer. No director and actor have been announced for the feature film.
There have been attempts to bring the story to the big screen before. Miramax developed it with Lorenzo di Bonaventura ("G.I. Joe", "Transformers") on board as producer, Simon Kinberg ("X-Men") once worked on it for Paramount, and more recently in 2011, Warner Bros. was developing a script with Donald De Line ("Green Lantern").
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special