'Tom Raider' Scribes to Write 'Young Merlin' Movie for Disney
Disney has found writers for its Merlin project. The Hollywood Reporter learns that Patrick Massett and John Zinman ("Lara Croft: Tomb Raider") are picked to help pen the adaptation of "The Lost Years of Merlin", the young adult book series written by T.A. Barron.
Titled "Young Merlin", the movie will follow the man who will one day become the right hand of King Arthur. It will take place during the wizard's teen years when he embarked on many quests and learnt many lessons including how to temper his darker leanings.
Gil Netter ("Life of Pi", "The Blind Side") serves as a producer. No director and actor have been announced for the feature film.
There have been attempts to bring the story to the big screen before. Miramax developed it with Lorenzo di Bonaventura ("G.I. Joe", "Transformers") on board as producer, Simon Kinberg ("X-Men") once worked on it for Paramount, and more recently in 2011, Warner Bros. was developing a script with Donald De Line ("Green Lantern").
- Asa Butterfield Is Martian Coming to Earth in New 'Space Between Us' Trailer
- Liev Schreiber Shares Sweet Birthday Message for Naomi Watts After Split
- 'Outlander' Casts Older Fergus for Season 3
- That's What You Call Karma! Blac Chyna Leaks Rob Kardashian's Phone Number
- Listen to Tinashe and GTA's Sexy New Single 'All Caught Up'
- Angelina Jolie Enlists the Real Olivia Pope for Brad Pitt Divorce
- Report: Kim Kardashian Is Making Another Sex Tape and Opening a High-End Nude Resort
- Want to Meet Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford on 'Blade Runner 2' Set? Here's How to Win the Trip