Pharrell's 'Happy' Gets Woodkid's Sad Remix
Woodkid makes people shed tears when they listen to his remix of Pharrell Williams' feel-good hit single "Happy". On Wednesday, March 26, the French musician premiered the sad version of the sunny track on Stereogum.
In the remix, Woodkid replaces the original beat of the song with some dramatic music. Pharrell can be heard singing lines like "Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof" over a melancholic piano arrangement.
Pharrell's "Happy" is currently in its fifth week at No. 1 on Billboard 200. It serves as the lead single off the super producer's second solo album, "G I R L", which is currently at No. 6 on Billboard 200. The song, which is also featured in the soundtrack of animated movie "Despicable Me 2", was nominated for Best Original Song at the Academy Awards earlier this year.
As for Woodkid, the singer/songwriter is best known for directing the music videos of some big names like Drake, Katy Perry and Lana Del Rey. He released his debut album, "The Golden Age", early last year.
More Pharrell Williams News
- Kristen Stewart Uncharacteristically Cheerful During Outing With Stella Maxwell
- Halsey Unveils 'Hopeless Fountain Kingdom' Track List
- Kylie Jenner Hits Back at Critics Accusing Her of Photoshopping Her Sexy Selfie
- Robert Downey Jr.'s 'Doctor Dolittle' Moves Up Release Date to Avoid 'Star Wars: Episode IX'
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Adds 'Battlestar Galactica', 'Jericho' Stars and More
- DMX Enters Rehab After Canceling Three Shows
- Katy Perry's Reportedly Jealous Seeing Orlando Bloom Moving On So Fast With Nina Dobrev
- 'Big Bang Theory' Stars Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch Reach New Deals After Salary Raises