Pharrell's 'Happy' Gets Woodkid's Sad Remix
Woodkid makes people shed tears when they listen to his remix of Pharrell Williams' feel-good hit single "Happy". On Wednesday, March 26, the French musician premiered the sad version of the sunny track on Stereogum.
In the remix, Woodkid replaces the original beat of the song with some dramatic music. Pharrell can be heard singing lines like "Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof" over a melancholic piano arrangement.
Pharrell's "Happy" is currently in its fifth week at No. 1 on Billboard 200. It serves as the lead single off the super producer's second solo album, "G I R L", which is currently at No. 6 on Billboard 200. The song, which is also featured in the soundtrack of animated movie "Despicable Me 2", was nominated for Best Original Song at the Academy Awards earlier this year.
As for Woodkid, the singer/songwriter is best known for directing the music videos of some big names like Drake, Katy Perry and Lana Del Rey. He released his debut album, "The Golden Age", early last year.
More Pharrell Williams News
- People's Choice Awards 2017: Ellen DeGeneres Breaks Record With 20th Win
- Fergie and Josh Duhamel Are Trying for Baby No. 2
- Khloe Kardashian Is 'Thrilled' She's Expecting First Child With Tristan Thompson
- Sony's Animated 'Spider-Man' Movie Will Feature Miles Morales as the Lead
- People's Choice Awards 2017: J.Lo, Blake Lively, Kristen Bell Stun on Red Carpet
- Grammy Awards 2017: John Legend, Metallica Among First Performers Announced
- Is Charlize Theron's Adopted Son Becoming a Girl? He Wears Box Braids and Pink Outfit
- Ciara and Ex-Fiance Future Reach Custody Agreement Over Son Future Jr.