Pharrell's 'Happy' Gets Woodkid's Sad Remix
Woodkid makes people shed tears when they listen to his remix of Pharrell Williams' feel-good hit single "Happy". On Wednesday, March 26, the French musician premiered the sad version of the sunny track on Stereogum.
In the remix, Woodkid replaces the original beat of the song with some dramatic music. Pharrell can be heard singing lines like "Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof" over a melancholic piano arrangement.
Pharrell's "Happy" is currently in its fifth week at No. 1 on Billboard 200. It serves as the lead single off the super producer's second solo album, "G I R L", which is currently at No. 6 on Billboard 200. The song, which is also featured in the soundtrack of animated movie "Despicable Me 2", was nominated for Best Original Song at the Academy Awards earlier this year.
As for Woodkid, the singer/songwriter is best known for directing the music videos of some big names like Drake, Katy Perry and Lana Del Rey. He released his debut album, "The Golden Age", early last year.
More Pharrell Williams News
- Prince's Rep Addresses Jay-Z's Rumored $40 Million Offer for His Unreleased Music
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Showrunner Bryan Fuller Departs the TV Series
- Kevin Hart Eyed to Play Santa Clause in Disney's 'Dashing Through the Snow'
- Kesha Previews 4 New Songs, Hopes to Release New Album 'Early Next Year'
- Are They Engaged? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Flaunt Matching Rings on Instagram
- Michael Phelps Secretly Weds Nicole Johnson
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video