Pharrell's 'Happy' Gets Woodkid's Sad Remix
Woodkid makes people shed tears when they listen to his remix of Pharrell Williams' feel-good hit single "Happy". On Wednesday, March 26, the French musician premiered the sad version of the sunny track on Stereogum.
In the remix, Woodkid replaces the original beat of the song with some dramatic music. Pharrell can be heard singing lines like "Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof" over a melancholic piano arrangement.
Pharrell's "Happy" is currently in its fifth week at No. 1 on Billboard 200. It serves as the lead single off the super producer's second solo album, "G I R L", which is currently at No. 6 on Billboard 200. The song, which is also featured in the soundtrack of animated movie "Despicable Me 2", was nominated for Best Original Song at the Academy Awards earlier this year.
As for Woodkid, the singer/songwriter is best known for directing the music videos of some big names like Drake, Katy Perry and Lana Del Rey. He released his debut album, "The Golden Age", early last year.
More Pharrell Williams News
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Get Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed