Joan Rivers Slams Lena Dunham's Body Image Message: 'Stay Fat, Get Diabetes'
Joan Rivers apparently thinks that Lena Dunham's message of having positive body image may lead to health problems. The "Fashion Police" star had an interview on "The Howard Stern Show" on Tuesday, March 25 where she blasted the "Girls" creator for her fashion style.
"Lena Dunham, who I think is again terrific, how can she wear dresses above the knee?" Rivers asked Stern, who replied, "I think the thing we love about her is she doesn't give a s**t." He added, "Do you watch 'Girls'? Do you watch when she's naked on there? She did a whole episode in a bikini, it was the funniest f**king thing I've ever seen."
The 80-year-old comedian then told him, "But that's wrong. You're sending a message out to people saying, 'It's OK, stay fat, get diabetes, everybody die. Lose your fingers.' " Stern commented, "And she makes us laugh," while Rivers said, "And I love her for that."
Rivers also mentioned controversy surrounding Dunham's Vogue cover. In the end, she praised the actress, saying, "I love that she's funny and love that she's done well. But don't let them laugh at you physically. If you look the way you look, Lena, and that's fine and you're funny, don't say it's okay that other girls can look like this. Try to look better."
More Joan Rivers News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie