Joan Rivers Slams Lena Dunham's Body Image Message: 'Stay Fat, Get Diabetes'
Joan Rivers apparently thinks that Lena Dunham's message of having positive body image may lead to health problems. The "Fashion Police" star had an interview on "The Howard Stern Show" on Tuesday, March 25 where she blasted the "Girls" creator for her fashion style.
"Lena Dunham, who I think is again terrific, how can she wear dresses above the knee?" Rivers asked Stern, who replied, "I think the thing we love about her is she doesn't give a s**t." He added, "Do you watch 'Girls'? Do you watch when she's naked on there? She did a whole episode in a bikini, it was the funniest f**king thing I've ever seen."
The 80-year-old comedian then told him, "But that's wrong. You're sending a message out to people saying, 'It's OK, stay fat, get diabetes, everybody die. Lose your fingers.' " Stern commented, "And she makes us laugh," while Rivers said, "And I love her for that."
Rivers also mentioned controversy surrounding Dunham's Vogue cover. In the end, she praised the actress, saying, "I love that she's funny and love that she's done well. But don't let them laugh at you physically. If you look the way you look, Lena, and that's fine and you're funny, don't say it's okay that other girls can look like this. Try to look better."
- First Minute of 'Pretty Little Liars' Season 7B Premiere Lands Online
- Kim Kardashian Reacts to Baby No. 3 Bombshell, Says Surrogacy Is Also an Option
- Find Out Why Kourtney Kardashian Won't Date a Rapper or Athlete Like Her Sisters
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Teaser Is Out, Captain America Will Make a Cameo
- Report: Kim Kardashian Gets in Top Shape to Prepare for Single Life Without Kanye West
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 3 Thins the Herd as Some Singers Are Sent Back Home
- Jared Padalecki and Wife Welcome Baby Girl - See the First Photo
- Scarlett Johansson Talks Dating Again as She Thinks Gordon Ramsay 'Is the Hottest Guy'