'Frozen' Soundtrack Tops Billboard 200, Scores Its Biggest Sales Week Yet
The soundtrack album of Disney's "Frozen (2013)" keeps its position steady at No. 1 on Billboard 200. The set is currently in its seventh non-consecutive week at the chart's top slot after selling additional 202,000 copies, Nielsen SoundScan reports.
It marks the album's biggest sales week since its November 25 release. Billboard notes that it's unusual for an album to post its best sales week while it's already several months old. The last record to do so was Adele's "21" which landed at No. 1 in 2012 with 730,000 following the singer's multiple wins at that year's Grammys. A year earlier, the album debuted at the same position with 352,000.
Behind the "Frozen" album, rapper YG's first studio effort "My Krazy Life" enters Billboard 200 at No. 2 with 61,000. Foster the People's "Supermodel" arrives at No. 3 with 54,000. It's the rock trio's first album since "Torches", which debuted and peaked at No. 8 in 2011.
At No. 4, Skrillex scores his first top 10 album on the chart with his debut LP "Recess". Surpassing "Bangarang" EP which peaked at No. 14, the new record sells 47,000 copies.
The Pretty Reckless' "Going to Hell" bows at No. 5 with 35,000. The Taylor Momsen-fronted band's latest full-length album is supported by "Heaven Knows", which is spending its third week at No. 1 on the Mainstream Rock Songs chart.
Pharrell Williams' "G I R L" falls one rung to No. 6 with 34,000. Rick Ross' "Mastermind" dips from No. 3 to No. 7 with 27,000. At No. 8, Enrique Iglesias' "Sex + Love" arrives with 24,000. Rounding out the top 10 are Lorde's "Pure Heroine", which slips to No. 9 with nearly 24,000, and Taking Back Sunday's "Happiness Is" that sells 22,000.
- "Frozen (2013)" Soundtrack - Various Artists (202,000)
- "My Krazy Life" - YG (61,000)
- "Supermodel" - Foster the People (54,000)
- "Recess" - Skrillex (47,000)
- "Going to Hell" - The Pretty Reckless (35,000)
- "G I R L" - Pharrell Williams (34,000)
- "Mastermind" - Rick Ross (27,000)
- "Sex + Love" - Enrique Iglesias (24,000)
- "Pure Heroine" - Lorde (Nearly 24,000)
- "Happiness Is" - Taking Back Sunday (22,000)
- Kris Jenner Comes Under Fire for Allegedly Photoshopping Her Latest Instagram Pic
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoniex' Confirmed to Introduce Dazzler
- Jennifer Lopez Claps Back at Haters for Accusing Her of Photoshopping Her Abs
- Bella Thorne and Scott Disick Holding Hands After a Night of Partying and Boozing
- Johnny Depp Sorry for Joking About Assassinating President Donald Trump
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21