FOX to Launch Reality Dating Show With 'Prince Harry'
Twelve regular women will get a chance to get close to "Prince Harry", or what they believe to be the real prince. FOX is set to launch a new reality dating series titled "I Wanna Marry 'Harry' " which puts a Prince Harry lookalike on the center stage.
The show tricks 12 American single girls into believing that they are competing for the affection of the British royal. Prince Harry lookalike Matthew Hicks is given the royal treatment, receiving an intensive makeover to properly confuse the ladies.
The official logline reads, "Summer love is in the air, as an average English 'bloke' is given the royal treatment and an upper crust makeover before meeting 12 single American women searching for Prince Charming. Will he be able to convince them he's regal? And if he does, will they fall for the crown, or fall in love with the real him? Join 'Harry' as he courts each of the ladies, taking them on romantic dates worthy of a princess and trying to make some version of their fairytales come true."
"I Wanna Marry 'Harry' " will debut Tuesday, May 27 at 8 P.M. The show is in the vein of FOX's 2003 dating show "Joe Millionaire", in which 21 single women were led into believing that they were vying for the attention of a super rich guy who turned out to be an average Joe.
FOX has also set the premiere date for other summer shows, including Steve Carell-produced "Riot" which will launch Tuesday, May 13 at 9 P.M. and scripted drama "Gang Related" which is moved from its original May 20 launch to Thursday, May 22 at 9 P.M.
FOX's new schedule:
Thursday, March 27
9:30-10:00 P.M. "Surviving Jack" (Series Premiere)
Tuesday, April 1
9:00-10:00 P.M. "The Mindy Project" (One-Hour Spring Premiere)
Friday, April 11
9:00-10:00 P.M. "Kitchen Nightmares" (Season Premiere)
Monday, May 5
8:00-10:00 P.M. "24: Live Another Day" (Two-Hour Series Premiere)
Monday, May 12
9:00-10:00 P.M. "24: Live Another Day" (Time Period Premiere)
Tuesday, May 13
9:00-10:00 P.M. "Riot" (Series Premiere)
Monday, May 19
8:00-9:00 P.M. "MasterChef" (Season Premiere)
Thursday, May 22
9:00-10:00 P.M. "Gang Related" (Series Premiere)
Saturday, May 24
7:00-10:00 P.M. ET Live "FOX Sports Saturday: Baseball Night in America"
Tuesday, May 27
8:00-9:00 P.M. "I Wanna Marry 'Harry' " (Series Premiere)
Wednesday, May 28
8:00-10:00 P.M. "So You Think You Can Dance" (Season Premiere)
Monday, July 21
9:00-10:00 P.M. "Hotel Hell" (Season Premiere)
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7: Major Spoiler About Daenerys Leaked