'Scandal' Star Columbus Short Arrested Following Alleged Brawl
Actor Columbus Short, who plays Harrison Wright on ABC's "Scandal", was arrested by Claremont police on Wednesday, March 26 after he allegedly attacked a man at a restaurant. He was charged with felony battery with serious bodily injury and was released after posting a $50,000 bail. Short may face up to four years in jail if convicted.
The alleged altercation took place at Gabe's Bar and Grill in Los Angeles on March 15. According to a statement from the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office, Short and another patron had a disagreement. Short was accused of hitting the man, who ended up with a broken nose and was unconscious for a few moments.
The 31-year-old actor, who previously worked as a coreographer for Britney Spears, has had several run-ins with the law. He was arrested in July 2008 for drunk driving. In 2010, he was arrested for battery with great bodily injury and for failing to appear in court.
Earlier this year, Short was charged with misdemeanor spousal battery. A judge told him to stay away from his wife Tuere Short in March. He pleaded not guilty.
More Columbus Short News
- BET Awards 2016: Drake and Future Among First Winners
- BET Awards 2016: See Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Karrueche Tran's Showstopping Styles on Red Carpet
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die