'Scandal' Star Columbus Short Arrested Following Alleged Brawl
Actor Columbus Short, who plays Harrison Wright on ABC's "Scandal", was arrested by Claremont police on Wednesday, March 26 after he allegedly attacked a man at a restaurant. He was charged with felony battery with serious bodily injury and was released after posting a $50,000 bail. Short may face up to four years in jail if convicted.
The alleged altercation took place at Gabe's Bar and Grill in Los Angeles on March 15. According to a statement from the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office, Short and another patron had a disagreement. Short was accused of hitting the man, who ended up with a broken nose and was unconscious for a few moments.
The 31-year-old actor, who previously worked as a coreographer for Britney Spears, has had several run-ins with the law. He was arrested in July 2008 for drunk driving. In 2010, he was arrested for battery with great bodily injury and for failing to appear in court.
Earlier this year, Short was charged with misdemeanor spousal battery. A judge told him to stay away from his wife Tuere Short in March. He pleaded not guilty.
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory