'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Set Up 'Sinister Six'
"The Amazing Spider-Man 2" is confirmed to be used as a platform to introduce a group of supervillains in Spidey universe. The movie that will arrive in the U.S. on May 2 has at least three baddies, Electro (Jamie Foxx), Goblin (Dane DeHaan), and The Rhino (Paul Giamatti).
"At the tail end of this movie we set up some of the other characters that will probably end up being in the Sinister Six," Sony Pictures co-chairman Amy Pascal reveals in the newest issue of Entertainment Weekly where the web slinger is put on the cover. "We're going forward on all fronts."
Producer Avi Arad is positive people will enjoy the next movie because "villains can be very entertaining." He explains, "It's not like somebody's born and they're a villain. Something happens and it changes their lives. Some people can deal with it - they become the heroes. Some people can't and hate the world because of what they felt was done to them - they become the villains."
The line-up for the supervillain movie hasn't been announced, but Andrew Garfield personally likes Venom, Doc Ock, Vulture, and Kraven. Drew Goddard is penning "The Sinister Six" movie, while Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci and Jeff Pinker are working on the screenplay for the "Venom (2017)" film.
"Venom hated only one guy - Spider-Man," Arad told SFX in a separate interview. "He wasn't innately bad, he was a shortcut guy, not really into fighting hard for achievement. That's the Venom story. Can he also be a good guy? As you know, Venom was also called 'lethal defender of the innocent.' "
"We had a great history with him, especially caring for the homeless, which is a very sensitive issue and something that many of us are very concerned with. Our villains all represent a different side of the misunderstood, and some of them unfortunately turned to the dark side."
Marc Webb who directed the first two "The Amazing Spider-Man" installments will return to reprise his role in the third one. He, however, plans to pass the torch to other director in the fourth entry.
'The Amazing Spider-Man 2' Featurette 'Peter Parker's Power Revealed':
'The Amazing Spider-Man 2' Featurette 'Oscorp Secrets Revealed':
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce From Lamar Odom Again
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard
- Justin Bieber Spotted on Dinner Date With Nicola Peltz
- Take a Peek at Gwen Stefani's 'Misery' Music Video in This Teaser
- Miranda Lambert Closes Her Boutique, Sells Building to Ex-Husband Blake Shelton
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them