Trace Adkins' Wife Files for Divorce, Seeking Daughters' Full Custody
Trace Adkins and Rhonda Adkins are divorcing after 16 years of marriage. Rhonda filed the divorce papers on Tuesday, March 25 in Tennessee, citing "irreconcilable differences."
Rhonda is requesting the primary custody of their three daughters, MacKenzie, Brianna, and Trinity. She also wants the country crooner to pay child support, alimony and all her legal fees.
It has been a tough year for Trace. He spent time in rehab in January for alcoholism, shortly after he got into a brawl on a cruise ship. He was headlining a seven-day cruise when he got into a fight with an impersonator who was singing his songs in a karaoke bar. He flew to Louisiana in February when his father became ill but his father died a few days later.
Adkins has been open about his problem with alcohol, crediting his manager for saving him. "If you've ever been through one of those things, it's the most humiliating experience you'll ever have," he told The Hollywood Reporter in 2011. "To hear people you respect and love sit there and tell you the kind of pain you've been causing them ...and yeah, I'm an alcoholic."
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers