Oprah Winfrey Announces 'The Life You Want Weekend' Tour
Oprah Winfrey and her friends are going down the road to inspire people. The media mogul has announced via THR an eight-city weekend tour to bring "empowerment, resilience and authenticity" to thousands of people.
"There's no question that Oprah's supreme gift is connecting with an audience," said OWN president Sheri Salata. Winfrey will be the keynote speaker at the two-day experience, backed up by "Eat Pray Love" author Elizabeth Gilbert, pastor Rob Bell, OWN star Iyanla Vanzant and, in certain cities, guru Deepak Chopra.
"Oprah's the Life You Want Weekend" tour will hit big stadiums in Atlanta; Auburn Hills, Mich.; Houston; Miami; Newark, N.J.; Seattle; San Jose, Calif.; and Washington. On Friday, Winfrey will share her personal story and advice, while on Saturday there will be group activities and speakers picked by her.
"It's about living the life you want, because a great percentage of the population is living a life that their mother wanted, that their husband wanted, that they thought or heard they wanted," Winfrey told THR.
Tickets are sold between $99 to $999 starting from April 7 on a relaunched Oprah.com. The VIP packages will include meeting Winfrey. OWN president Erik Logan said, "We believe that this will be successful. And if it is to the degree we think it will be, you should expect us to continue."
More Oprah Winfrey News
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'