Arnold Schwarzenegger Says His Cyborg Ages in 'Terminator: Genesis'
Arnold Schwarzenegger explains how he will return to play a supposedly-never-aging robot in "Terminator: Genesis". In a chat with MTV News, the actor says that his older appearance makes sense because the cyborg in this franchise will age.
"The way that the character is written, it's a machine underneath," the 66-year-old star explains. "It's this metal skeleton. But above that is human flesh. And the Terminator's flesh ages, just like any other human being's flesh. Maybe not as fast. But it definitely ages."
He spills more beans, "Terminator deals a lot with time travel, so there will be a younger T-800 and then what that model does later on when it gets reprogrammed, and who gets a hold of him. So it will be all kinds of interesting twists in the movie, but I feel so good."
"It will be challenging," the former Governor of California adds, "because it will be a new director, and it will be a really action packed movie. And sometimes it does get more difficult when you're 66 years old and doing this kind of action, versus when you're in your 30s or in your 40s."
Fresh of his directing gig in "Thor: The Dark World", Alan Taylor is tapped to helm the new "Terminator" movie. Emilia Clarke will play Sarah Connor, Jason Clarke will star as her son John, and Jai Courtney will portray his father Kylie. It will arrive Stateside on July 1, 2015.
In a previous interview with Collider, Schwarzenegger said the movie would have the same feel as "Terminator 2". He explained, "There's hardcore action and it has some really great visual effects in there, but not over the top. It's not a Thor type of movie, even though it's the same director. It has good special effects, but just enough to say, 'Wow, where did that come from? How did they do that?' "
A new casting report mentions "Attack the Block" star John Boyega who is in talks for "Star Wars Episode 7" is also eyed for an important role in "Terminator: Genesis". Rumor has it, he is a contender to play the son of Miles Dyson who was the man responsible for the creation of Skynet. Dyson was played by Joe Morton in the previous film.
More Terminator Genisys News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!